My favorite time of year has arrived with the cooler weather and the holiday festivities. I really love the activities I can enjoy during the fall and winter season, like snowmobiling and enjoying the snow glistening off of the landscape like a magical dream come true.
The Grinch is a classic Christmas character who many have fallen in love with. There has even been a new Grinch movie released that has fabulous reviews. If you’re looking to make a Christmas treat that’s simple and fun to do with kids, then you must make these Grinch Rice Krispie Treats today!
Gather up the necessary ingredients and get those kids ready because today you’re going to learn how to make Grinch Rice Krispie Treats for a delicious Christmas themed snack.
To make these adorable Grinch Rice Crispy treats you will need the following ingredients: Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Treats (or your own homemade rice crispies), Wilton vibrant green candy melts, red heart sprinkles, popsicle sticks, paring knife.
How To Make Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Open the Rice Krispie Treats and discard the wrappers.
Use the paring knife to cut each Rice Krispie Treat in half.
Insert one popsicle stick into the bottom of each Rice Krispie Treat and place on the baking sheet.
Place the baking sheet in the fridge of 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, remove the treats from the fridge and pour the vibrant green candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
Dip each Grinch Bite into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to coat and allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
Place the treat on the prepared baking sheet and place 1 red heart in the upper right.
Repeat with all the Grinch Bites.
Tips & Tricks to Making Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
- These Grinch Rice Krispie Treats can be given as a holiday meal hostess gift, a school Christmas party treat or enjoyed as a festive dessert during the month of December.
- Grinch Rice Krispie treats have a short shelf life, if you store them in an airtight container they will stay fresh for about 2-3 days.
- You should always store these Grinch Rice Krispie Treats in a dry, airtight container and they’re best kept at room temperature.
- When layering Grinch Rice Krispie Treats for storage, use wax paper in between each layer to keep them from sticking to each other.
- You can easily use a homemade Rice Krispie recipe and adjust to your preference. A stiffer mixture will make these Rice Krispie Treats easier to dip.
Common Questions About Grinch Rice Krispie Treats
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Grinch Rice Krispie Treats:
How to make Rice Krispie treats without marshmallows?
There are many Rice Krispie treats recipes that use chocolate or Rice Krispie treats that use peanut butter and honey to bind the cereal together. This could be an option if you want to make Rice Krispie treats without marshmallows.
How do you make a homemade Rice Crispy treats?
A basic rice crispy treat is such an easy recipe with mini marshmallows and butter being melted together. Once you have melted those ingredients together you mix them with puffed rice cereal and pour into a buttered pan to cool. I still love the recipe from the back of the Rice Krispie cereal box with about a tablespoon of extra butter.
Other Fun Rice Krispie Treats To Make
Rice Krispie treats are always a hit in my house and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the variety of flavors that can be made. Most rice krispie treats can be made in less than 15 minutes!
- Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats
- Snowman Rice Krispie Treats (perfect winter after school snack)
- Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Cherry Rice Krispie Treats
- Bunny Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats (perfect for Easter)
Helpful Tools To Make Grinch Rice Krispies Treats
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Grinch Rice Crispy Bars
Looking for an easy and fun Christmas treat to make with the kids? These Grinch Rice Crispy Bar treats will make your heart grow two sizes bigger and taste delicious.
If you loved this Grinch Rice Crispy Bar treats let me know with a 5 star rating!
- 8 ct package of Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats
- 12 oz package Wilton vibrant green candy melts
- 16 red heart sprinkles
- 16 popsicle sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- Open the Rice Krispie Treats and discard the wrappers.
- Use the paring knife to cut each Rice Krispie Treat in half.
- Insert one popsicle stick into the bottom of each Rice Krispie Treat and place on the baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the fridge of 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the treats from the fridge and pour the vibrant green candy melts into a microwave safe dish. Heat in the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring until melted.
- Dip each Grinch Bite into the melted chocolate, using a spoon to coat and allowing the excess chocolate to drip back into the bowl.
- Place the treat on the prepared baking sheet and place 1 red heart in the upper right.
- Repeat with all the Grinch Bites.