Granola bars get a bad rep.
Heck even I gave them a bad rap for years.
It’s hard not to love them though because they are convenient and cheap!
With this DIY granola bar recipe, you’ll soon find that this snack option can be created healthier than your average store-bought snacks. I love that you can exchange ingredients to make these granola bars suit your preferred flavor. From raisins to toffee pieces to almonds, you can surely make these granola bars fun and easily at home.
No Bake granola bars are a versatile snack because you can easily store them in the car during sports season for a quick bite to eat in between the hustle and bustle of getting your kids to their sporting events. You can also use these as a quick snack to curb those hunger pains that your kid comes home with after school. If you’re looking to make the perfect back to school treat that’s both healthy and delicious, then this DIY granola bar recipe is your solution.
Today I’m going to show you how to make granola bars at home with this DIY granola bar recipe. It’s not only healthier to learn how to make granola bars at home, it’s a fun experience to enjoy with the whole family. Your kids can easily get involved in this DIY granola bar recipe.
To make these DIY Granola Bars you will need the following ingredients: creamy peanut butter, honey, vanilla, quick oats, rice krispie cereal, and your choice of mix-ins.
How To Make No Bake Granola Bars
Tips to Making A Homemade Snack Bar
- Be careful if you do choose to use chocolate chips as the heat of the peanut butter and honey could melt your chocolate. Add them after your mixture has cooled a bit.
- Get crazy with your mix-ins! Raisins, toffee pieces, chocolate chips, butterfinger pieces, dried fruit, sliced almonds, etc…
- Store in an airtight container either on the counter for up to a week or the fridge for up to 6 months.
- If your topping pieces can be frozen without issue you can even freeze these no bake granola bars.
- I find that I like to keep my granola bars in the fridge for long term storage.
- Roll into bite size balls using a cookie scoop for an easy on the go bite size snack.
- Sub out half of the peanut butter with Nutella for a delicious twist.
Common Questions About No Bake Granola Bars
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about No Bake Granola Bars:
Is granola bar a healthy snack?
Yes, DIY granola bar options can be a healthy snack. Just keep an eye out on the sugar level, fiber and the ingredients that you add. Granola bars are a perfectly healthy snack for you and your kids if you opt to use ingredients that keep the sugar down and fiber content high.
Do you have to bake granola bars?
No, the melted honey combined with the oats and rice krispies will keep these homemade granola bars together.
Other Easy Snacks To Make
Click the links below for other fun easy snacks to make with your kids!
- Minions Trail Mix Snack
- Rainbow Flavored Popcorn Mix
- Snowy Day Popcorn Mix
- Three Bears Nutella Snack
- Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow Mix
- Grape-Nut Yogurt Cereal Bars
Other Mix-in Options For Homemade Granola Bars
- Chopped Dehydrated Apples
- Butterfinger Pieces
- Toffee Pieces
- Trail Mix
- Sub Nutella for half of the peanut butter mixture
Kid Friendly Printable Simple Granola Bar Recipe
Click on the photo below to grab your kid friendly copy of this simple granola bar recipe!
Helpful Tools To Make A Simple Granola Bar Recipe
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Peanut Butter Granola Bar Recipe
Many parents want to know how to make peanut butter granola bars at home. This DIY granola bar recipe will provide you with a healthy snack option for summer days and back to school season.
If you loved this Granola Bar Recipe with Peanut Butter let me know with a 5 star rating!
Making a no bake granola bar just got easier with this simple granola bar recipe using common ingredients already found in your cupboard!
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 cup of mix ins - chocolate chips, M&M’s, nuts, etc - See notes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats and Rice Krispie cereal.
- In a microwave safe bowl, mix together peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 second intervals until melted. Stir together until mixed.
- Stir in the vanilla to the peanut butter mix.
- Pour the peanut butter and honey mixture into the oat and Rice Krispie mixture. Fold over until well incorporated.
- Add your mix ins! The fun part of this recipe is you can add anything you want! We added mini M&M’s and peanut butter chips. (Because we love peanut butter!)
- Once mixed, press your granola mixture into the foil lined pan.
- Top with any extra toppings, pressing them into the granola.
- Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours or until fully set. Slice into bar shapes and enjoy!
Some other ideas include: - Raisins - Cinnamon - Butterscotch - Chopped Dehydrated Apples - Butterfinger pieces - Toffee pieces - Almonds - Trail Mix