There is nothing more classic than a rice cereal treat. This Snowman Rice Cereal Treats recipe is a classic that takes a holiday shape and turns your favorite dessert into a cute idea everyone will grab on the dessert table.
As you can see, these are a super easy and fun idea to make for the holidays. Rice Cereal Treats are always a popular item for kids and adults, and making this one into a fun snowman shape makes it ideal for not just Christmas, but throughout the winter months. It is even great for using for a Frozen or snow themed party.
Decorate your snowmen any way you prefer. You can use candy eyes, licorice, icing, and more to create fun and unique snowmen that are custom to the person grabbing them from the table as a fun winter dessert.
I serve these alongside our favorite S’More’s Fudge and Peanut Butter Fudge recipes. They are all super easy and yummy treats to mix up in just a few minutes. That makes them ideal for sharing at last minute gatherings, parties, and family events.
Snowman Rice Cereal Treats Recipe
- 10 oz miniature marshmallows
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- White decorating frosting
- Brown decorating frosting
- Wilton shimmer sugar sprinkles
- Orange candy corn
- 3 " circle cookie cutter
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave your marshmallows and butter for 1-2 minutes or until your marshmallows get puffy
- Mix in your Rice Krispies cereal
- Spray a small amount of non stick cooking spray into a 9 x 13" baking pan
- Spread your Rice Krispies into your pan and press firmly
- Freeze for 30 minutes
- Use your cookie cutter to cut out as many circles as you can from your pan of Rice Krispies
- Frost the top of each circle with white frosting and place a piece of candy corn in the center for a nose
- Lightly top with your shimmer sugar and draw on two dots for eyes and about 5 for a mouth with your brown frosting
For other fun after school treats you might enjoy these Three Bears Nutella Snack as well!