Everyone loves a good Homemade Rice Krispie Treats snack, and these Funfetti Rice Krispie Treats area a perfect choice to make for your next birthday party or special event. Everyone recognizes the colorful sprinkle additions to any delicious sweet treat that makes them a “Funfetti” theme. Why not spruce up the basic rice cereal snack and make it a rainbow themed treat that is even more special just for a birthday party?
Funfetti Homemade Rice Krispie Treats
Making your Funfetti Homemade Rice Krispie Treats is just like any regular rice cereal snack recipe, but with two really special ingredients added to the mix. A few colorful rainbow sprinkles give you the birthday theme that you expect when you hear the term Funfetti, and white chocolate chips add a delicate but decadent richness that makes it feel rich enough for a birthday, but not too rich that kids won’t love them.
Make a batch of these homemade Rice Krispie treats with their Funfetti birthday theme for the kids for their next birthday party or event. If the adults want something special just for them, check out our extra yummy Cookie Butter Rice Krispie Treats recipe. It’s an amazing choice when making homemade Rice Krispie Treats for your friends and family!
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10.5 oz bag miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- Grease a 8x8" baking pan with a non stick cooking spray
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, heat your marshmallows and butter in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, until marshmallows become puffy and butter is mostly melted
- Now add 6 cups of Rice Krispies and mix well with a wooden or metal spoon
- Now mix 1/4 cup of your rainbow sprinkles in with your Rice Krispies
- Scoop your Rice Krispies into your greased baking pan and press your Rice Krispies firmly in your pan using a potato masher
- Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to cool quickly
- Now melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave in a microwaveable bowl for 2-3 minutes on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted
- Pour your melted white chocolate over your Rice Krispies and spread evenly using a spatula
- Top off with another 1/4 cup of your rainbow sprinkles
- Cut into small squares and enjoy!