I have already starting to think of what kind of Easter treats I want to make this year. Each year I try to add a new Easter treat that I can surprise the kids with. This year, I think a Cocoa Krispie Treat Recipe will be perfect.
What kid doesn’t love a Cocoa Krispies treat recipe? It is all the fun of a Rice Krispie treat, with chocolate, and these are shaped like a rabbit. Just for Easter. Adding a fun face makes it even better. I think this should be at the top of everyone’s Easter Treats Recipe list.
These Bunny Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats are easy to make and look so cute. The kids will love to be in the kitchen making them with you. A recipe that gets the kids in the kitchen is always a recipe I want to make. The kids and I make great memories together when they cook and bake with me.
Table of Contents
How Do I Make Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats
Making Cocoa Rice Krispie Treats is just as easy as making any rice krispie treats. To make the chocolatey flavor use chocolate rice krispies or use cocoa pebbles.
Bunny Cocoa Krispie Easter Treats
Each year I try to add a new Easter treat that I can surprise the kids with. This year, I think a Cocoa Krispie Easter Treat Recipe will be perfect.
- 6 C. Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies OR Cocoa Pebbles Cereal
- 6 tbsp. butter, cut into chunks
- 10 oz package of mini marshmallows
- Large candy eyes
- Pink Easter grass candy
- Small pink heart candies, you could also substitute pink M&M's
- Small marshmallows, cut in half (ears)
- Pink sugar crystals
- Chocolate frosting
- Line a 9x13 baking dish with foil (you could also use parchment paper) and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the 10 oz of mini marshmallows and 6 tablespoons of butter on low/medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Once the marshmallows have melted about 3/4, stir in the chocolate cereal until completely coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and use the back of the spoon to evenly press down.
- Let set up for a few hours.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut out as many bunny shapes as your can and set aside
- Attach the round frosting tip to the piping bag and fill with chocolate frosting.
- Give each bunny 2 large candy eyes by squeezing a small dab of chocolate frosting on the back and pressing them onto the bunny.
- Take 2 small marshmallow halves and dip the sticky side into the pink sugar crystals. Squeeze a small dab of frosting on the back of the marshmallow half and place on the bunny's ears so it's stays in place.
- Squeeze a small dab of chocolate frosting on the back of the small heart candy for the bunny's nose.
- Lastly, use the kitchen scissor to cut whiskers from the pink Easter grass - about 1" long. Dab a small amount of frosting on the ends and place on the bunny's face.
- Repeat with all the bunny's.
You might enjoy these other cute Easter Treats