In the middle of the night a few nights ago I woke up LIVID at my husband. It’s not even a good reason but I was livid because I could smell cinnamon and vanilla and I just knew he had eaten a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch in the middle of the night.
I knew I shouldn’t care.
That didn’t stop me from being so angry!
Once I really came awaken enough to realize what I was even upset about I really felt silly. I was really waking up to the smell of this perfectly done slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole. What a relief! All I had to do was add the cinnamon roll icing and serve up a side of fresh fruit or grilled ham and the perfect no stress Sunday morning breakfast was complete.
I’m sure we will laugh about how irrational I was…someday. Or I should wonder why I was so mad in the first place but we’re just going to attribute it to not having had my coffee yet.
To make slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole you will need the following ingredients: purchased cinnamon rolls, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, maple syrup and ground cinnamon.
How To Make A Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray. You can also use a slow cooker liner if you prefer.
Open both cans of cinnamon rolls. Cut or tear into bite size pieces. Place in slow cooker. Keep the icing for later.
In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the milk, eggs, syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together thoroughly.
Add the entire mix over the cinnamon roll pieces in your slow cooker.
Put the lid on the slow cooker.
Set slow cooker to low and allow cook time of 4-5 hours.
Once its finished, remove lid and add icing.
Plate and serve.
Tips & Tricks to Making A Crockpot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- The first time I made this cinnamon roll casserole I let it cook to long. After 8 hours it was burned to the sides of my slow cooker, however the middle tasted amazing. My slow cooker doesn’t have a warming function which is really helpful with this recipe.
- Icing the “cinnamon rolls” after they come out of the slow cooker and have cooled for a few minutes help the cinnamon roll icing stay in one place. Otherwise, it just melts and runs all over, which isn’t really a bad thing is it?
- I’ve made this up to 6 hours before I turned the slow cooker on. We go to bed pretty late but that doesn’t mean I want to be actually mixing this slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole up at 11 PM.
- Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
- You will often see similar recipes referred to as a crockpot cinnamon rolls, but let’s face it when you cut the pieces up and add extra ingredients it becomes a cinnamon roll casserole.
- A slow cooker baking liner will make clean-up a breeze with this recipe, especially if you burn it like I did the first time.
- You can double this recipe but you need to allow the full 5 hours for cooking.
- A crockpot with a warming function is really helpful for this recipe.
Additional Cinnamon Roll Mix-ins
These are just a couple additional ideas that could be added to this slow cooker overnight cinnamon roll bake.
- Raisins that have been pre-soaked in water
- Pecan pieces or halve
- Walnut pieces or halves
- Apple pie filling in small dollops of the cut up cinnamon roll pieces
- Really small diced apple chunks
- Change the flavor of your icing with an extract – orange is a wonderful flavor choice
Other Weekend Breakfast Recipes To Make
Grab the family and spend it around the table with these other delicious weekend breakfast recipes!
- Pineapple Upside Down Sweet Roll Recipe
- Ham & Cheese Rolled in Croissants
- Grape Nut Yogurt Bars
- Blueberry Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Pumpkin Waffles with Oats
- Stuffed French Toast Roll-ups
Helpful Tools To Make A Cinnamon Roll Casserole In Your Crockpot
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole
Start your weekend morning off with an amazing slow cooker cinnamon roll casserole that’s easy to make and maintains the fluffy texture you desire when biting into a cinnamon roll.
If you loved this Slow Cooker Cinnamon Roll Casserole let me know with a 5 star rating!
- 2 cans of cinnamon rolls, any brand is fine
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbs of vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick spray. You can also use a slow cooker liner if you prefer.
- Open both cans of cinnamon rolls. Cut or tear into bite size pieces. Add all pieces to the slow cooker. Keep the icing for later.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk, eggs, syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla extract together thoroughly.
- Add the entire mix over the cinnamon roll pieces in your slow cooker.
- Put the lid on the slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to low and allow cook time of 5-6 hours.
- Once its finished, remove lid and add icing.
- Plate and serve.