We love a great breakfast bake for weekends, and this Blueberry Sausage Pancake Breakfast Bake has everything you dream of in one delicious dish. Serving this up alongside my favorite Copycat Caramel Macchiato Recipe is what I consider the perfect weekend breakfast treat. With a basic pancake recipe that has the addition of your favorite sausage and fresh or frozen blueberries, this is the ideal combination of savory and sweet.
To make Blueberry Sausage Breakfast Casserole, you will need the following ingredients: flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, blueberries & ground sausage.
A breakfast bake like this blueberry sausage pancake breakfast casserole is something everyone in the family will love. Moms are happy to have a one pan meal that is easy for everyone to serve up on their own for breakfast. Kids will love the pancake and sausage flavor, and the addition of blueberries fits into that need for a healthy antioxidant-rich food in your daily routine.
Table of Contents
How To Make A Blueberry Sausage Pancake Bake
In a medium-sized skillet, cook sausage until browned and cooked through.
Add blueberries to a small bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of flour. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and melted butter.
Add the flour, salt, and baking powder, and mix until combined.
Pour batter into a greased 8×8 pan. Top with the cooked sausage and blueberries.
Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Cut into squares, serve topped with butter and syrup.
Tips & Tricks to Making A Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage breakfast casseroles are great to be prepared the night before. Top with the sausage and blueberries in the morning and bake.
- Breakfast casseroles freeze really well in individual portions. I use a ton of Reditainers to be able to quickly grab a delicious individual portion from the freezer.
- Packed well in an airtight container, this sausage breakfast casserole would be good for up to 3 months in the freezer. 4how long it can be stored
- Using precooked sausage crumbles (whether store-bought or homemade) makes this meal even friendlier for busy moms.
- Frozen or fresh blueberries will work in your sausage breakfast casserole.
- Frozen blueberries tend not to sink like fresh blueberries.
Making This Blueberry Sausage Pancake Breakfast
Common Questions About Making A Breakfast Casserole
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about making a breakfast casserole:
Do you bake a breakfast casserole covered or uncovered?
I bake my breakfast casseroles uncovered. This helps keep the condensation off the top of your casserole and keeps it from getting soggy.
What temp do you cook a breakfast casserole at?
I bake my breakfast casseroles at 350 degrees.
How do you know when your breakfast casserole is done?
Your breakfast casserole is done when you can insert a knife in the center and have it come out clean OR the center of your casserole is 160 degrees.
Other Breakfast Recipes To Love
- Stuffed French Toast Roll-ups fit for a queen!
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup that takes your morning coffee to the next level
- Pineapple Upside Down Cinnamon Rolls are worth swooning over
- Easy Strawberry Sauce – Perfect pancake topping!
- Fruit Salad with Orange Ginger Dressing is just what your next party needs
- Chocolate chip banana bread so good you don’t want to miss
Helpful Tools To Freeze A Sausage Breakfast Casserole
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Blueberry Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Serve this great Blueberry Sausage Pancake Breakfast Bake to your family this weekend. Having a brunch with family? Serve up a delicious breakfast casserole packed with blueberries and sausage with fresh fruit and a cold glass of fresh-squeezed orange juice for a perfect breakfast treat!.
If you loved this Blueberry Sausage Breakfast Casserole, let me know with a 5-star rating!
We love a great breakfast bake for weekends, and this Blueberry Sausage Pancake Breakfast Bake has everything you dream of in one delicious dish.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 8 ounces bulk sausage
- A medium sized skillet cook sausage until browned and cooked through.
- Add blueberries to a small bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of flour set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and melted butter.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Top with the cooked sausage and blueberries.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cut into squares, serve topped with butter and syrup.