Last Updated on
No more $5 coffee for you! Make this simple, yet delicious recipe for a great caramelÂ flavored coffee in the comfort of your own home. This Caramel Macchiato Recipe will remind you of your favorite coffee shop version!
Flavored coffee isn’t just for breakfast or your afternoon pick me up. This caramelÂ macchiato recipe is a great choice for those who enjoy coffee, but don’t like the bitterÂ taste of black coffee. The addition of brown sugar and caramel syrup is just what youÂ need to enjoy this simple recipe for a delicious dessert drink.
You can easily foam your milk by shaking it in a mason jar as suggested, but if you haveÂ access to a milk frother, it will be even better. Some are attachments to yourÂ cappuccino or espresso machines, but others can be hand held milk frothers and work great for thisÂ purpose.
You can easily use regular coffee to make this, or go the extra mile and grab a greatÂ gourmet caramel macchiato flavored coffee. Brew extra strong for the best caramelÂ macchiato recipe, but if you prefer a little less coffee flavor you can use a traditionalÂ brew. This is great with a bit of whipped topping and caramel syrup on top and servedÂ to your dinner guests as a post dinner drink.
- 3/4 C hot strong coffee
- 1/2 C 2 % milk
- 1 1/2 TBSP brown sugar
- 2 tsp caramel-flavored syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon-flavored syrup
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- Add the hot coffee, caramel syrup, cinnamon syrup and brown sugar.
- Shake 2% milk in a jam / mason jar until it's foamy.
- Remove the lid, then microwave for a 30 seconds.
- Result is spoonfuls of foam, plus warm milk to pour in your latte.
- Gently fold in the foam/milk to combine with hot coffee mixture.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
- Drizzle the whip cream with caramel sauce
- Serve immediately.