Making this instant pot soup is simple enough. It’s amazing how you can create a quick meal with the instant pot, if you don’t own one yet you must get this kitchen gadget. Today I’m featuring a delicious instant pot turkey soup that you can make with leftover turkey from your holiday meals. This delicious mix of turkey with enchilada soup is a unique twist on what to do with your leftover turkey.
With the holiday season here, I know many families will be cooking up their own turkey and ham to serve to guests during their holiday festivities and need something to create with their leftover turkey. This instant pot turkey enchilada soup is a flavorful soup that will delight your taste buds.
To make this delicious Turkey Enchilada Soup in the instant pot you will need the following ingredients: white onion, garlic, shredded turkey, red enchilada sauce, black beans, diced tomatoes with peppers, corn, cumin, masa harina, chicken stock, shredded cheese, salt, pepper and optional toppings.
Tips to Making Instant Pot Turkey Enchilada Soup
- You can use this instant pot turkey enchilada soup as an appetizer when entertaining guests in your home.
- Instant pot turkey enchilada soup can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Store your instant pot turkey enchilada soup immediately in an airtight container in your refrigerator.
- Keep in mind you’re using leftover turkey so it’s going to last a little shorter time if you’ve allowed the leftover turkey to sit for days before making this enchilada soup.
- Make this instant pot turkey enchilada soup to serve as a meal or appetizer any time of the year.
Common Questions About Instant Pot Turkey Enchilada Soup
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Pot Turkey Enchilada Soup:
How long is leftover turkey good for?
Leftover turkey is good for about 3-4 days in the refrigerator but you can store it longer when placed in the freezer. If you plan to use your leftover turkey at a later time for your instant pot turkey enchilada soup then place the leftover cooked turkey in the freezer after a maximum of 2 hours passed from cooking time and store up to 4 days in the freezer.
How long is leftover stew good for?
Leftover instant pot turkey enchilada soup can last for about 3-4 days in your refrigerator so as long as you store it in an airtight container and do so within two hours of cooking this enchilada soup.
Other Instant Recipes To Make
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
- Instant Pot Pork Chops and Apples
- Instant Pot Missippi Roast
Helpful Tools To Make Instant Pot Soups
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Instant Pot Turkey Enchilada Soup
Instant Pot Enchilada Turkey Soup
If you loved this Instant Pot Turkey Soup let me know with a 5-star rating!
This delicious mix of turkey with enchilada soup is a unique twist on what to do with your leftover turkey. #turkeyrecipe #instantpot #souprecipe
- 1 white onion; diced
- 2 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked, shredded Turkey
- 1 - 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 - 14 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 - 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes with peppers, drain juice (or 6 fresh tomatoes chopped with 1 bell pepper/or chilies chopped)
- 1 - 14 ounce can corn; drained
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour/gluten free)
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock (vegetable stock)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Optional toppings: tortilla chips/strips, diced/sliced avocado, grated cheese, sour cream, chopped fresh cilantro, and/or pico de gallo
- In the instant pot, add in white onion, garlic, cumin, and turkey. Set to saute mode and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add in enchilada sauce, black beans, corn, and tomatoes. Either saute for 5 to 7 minutes or you can set to high pressure for 3 minutes. Once the instant pot stops counting quick release pressure.
- Whisk one cup chicken stock with 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour) and then pour into the soup while stirring. Set to saute mode for 3 minutes and stir often until thick. Add in remaining chicken broth to get the consistency(thickness) you would like.
- May be served topped with cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, or pico.