Back to school season will be here before you know it and parents everywhere will be searching for after school snacks. It’s great to have easy recipe ideas for back to school after school snacks because we’re busy. Today I’m excited to share an after school snack idea that looks like a school bus. This treat will surely inspire your kids to get excited to return home from their first day of school. These school bus treats do well as a snack for school too, so if you’re looking for back to school lunch ideas then these school bus treats will surely surprise your child as they open their lunch box in the cafeteria on their first day in school.
To make these adorable school bus treats you will need the following ingredients: Little Debbie banana twins, Hershey bars, peanut M&M’s and white icing.
Children grow so fast, it’s fun to take advantage of their younger years by creating adorable after school snacks like these school bus treats. This treat will only take about half an hour of your time to create. Easily start this process before your children arrive home from the school bus. As your children enter the home you can have this plate of school bus treats ready to gobble up as they sit and talk about their day at school. Having a special treat on hand for your children is a great way to keep their mind off their worries and instead focus on sharing their best part of the school day with you.
After school snacks are the perfect way to curb the hunger pains that many children arrive home with. Schools often have a quick lunch time, which leaves children rather hungry upon arrival home. These school bus treats are a quick after school treat idea to whip up and make your children feel special knowing that you took some time to make a special treat for them.
Tips & Tricks to Making School Bus Treats
- Use white chocolate instead of brown chocolate Hershey bars for a change in color.
- Use a different form of icing to make the school bus treats stripes on the bus.
- Make your colors match your child’s school bus colors by switching ingredients to reflect the appropriate colors.
- Serve with a glass of cold milk or juice box to wash down the treat easier.
- Instead of having these treats ready for when kids arrive, make it an after school activity to do together.
- Send a school bus treat packed in your child’s lunch for the perfect back to school lunch idea.
HELPFUL TOOLS TO MAKE THESE FUN AFTER SCHOOL SNACKS
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Little Debbie Banana Twins
Wilton Black Gel Icing
School Bus After School Snack Recipe
Parents are are looking for back to school lunch ideas or after school snacks will enjoy these school bus treats. They are easy to make and only take about half an hour to whip up and serve to your children for their eating pleasure.
If you loved this after school snack recipe let me know with a 5 star rating!
Today I'm excited to share an after school snack idea that looks like a school bus. This treat will surely inspire your kids to get excited to return home from their first day of school. These school bus treats do well as a snack for school too, so if you're looking for back to school lunch ideas then these school bus treats will surely surprise your child as they open their lunch box in the cafeteria on their first day in school.
- 10 ct package of Little Debbie Banana Twins
- 2-3 Hershey bars
- peanut M&M's - I used the brown and just separated form the rest of the bag
- Wilton black gel icing
- Carefully open the Banana Twins and discard the wrappers.
- Take 2 banana twins at a time and set side by side.
- Use a small paring knife to cut a small square from the the top banana twin (about 1/4" inch).
- Cut a small Hershey bar rectangle in 1/2 and give the bus 2 windows. Use a little bit of the frosting from the piece you cut as glue.
- Use the Wilton black gel icing to give the bus 2 black stripes as shown in the photos.
- Lastly, give the bus 2 wheels, again, using the frosting from the first section you removed.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE OTHER AFTER SCHOOL SNACKS…