Chicken meatballs are a favorite around here, heck easy meatball recipes in general are a favorite around here. The kids love them and I can change the recipe to a lot of different flavors. Teriyaki Honey Chicken Meatballs is a great way to take a traditional easy meatball recipe and take it to a whole new level.
I can often find ground chicken at a budget-friendly price. The ground chicken goes farther when it is made into chicken meatballs. I love the flavors of chicken with teriyaki and when I serve it over rice, this dish disappears fast. While the meatballs are baking in the oven, the chicken meatball sauce comes together easily. It’s also an easy meatball recipe to make and have on hand in the freezer.
Once you make Teriyaki Honey Chicken Meatballs once, you will be making it often. Looking for another great tasting meatball recipe? Make a large batch of baked Italian meatballs to also have on hand for a homemade dinner even on busy nights.
Teriyaki Honey Chicken Meatballs
Teriyaki Honey Chicken Meatballs is a great way to take a traditional easy meatball recipe and take it to a whole new level.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, minced, only the white parts
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2-3 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a skillet over high heat and add a layer of vegetable oil to the bottom for frying the meatballs.
- Mix together the ground chicken, eggs, minced garlic, 3 tsp. Grated ginger, 2 tsp. Soy sauce, the panko bread crumbs and the white parts of two scallions minced. You can also add enough pepper to taste.
- orm the meat mixture into small meatballs (about 36) and place one layer into the skillet. Brown for a minute or two on each side and then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Continue frying the meatballs until you have used all of your meat mixture.
- Place the meatballs into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- While the meatballs are baking, combine ⅓ c. honey, ½ c. soy sauce, ½ c. water, 1 tbsp. Sesame oil and 2-3 tsp freshly grated ginger into a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk well until the honey has melted and the sauce is well combined.
- Mix together the cornstarch and 2 tbsp. of hot water in a small bowl. Once dissolved, add the cornstarch slurry to the sauce mixture.
- Whisk constantly over medium heat until the sauce has begun to thicken. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Place the cooked meatballs in a skillet or bowl and pour the teriyaki honey sauce over them.
- Serve over rice with a garnish of sesame seeds.
Have you tried this recipe? I would love to know what you think.