During the summer season, all I can think about is making s’mores. They are one of the best treats when you’re out camping or having a backyard campfire. Sometimes, though, you simply want to have that s’more taste without the fire. Today I have the perfect recipe to cure your s’more cravings, without having to build a campfire. Sit back, relax, grab those ingredients and whip up a batch of these delicious chocolate chip cookie s’mores today.
To make Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores you will need the following ingredients: brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking soda, semi-sweet chocolate chips, large marshmallows, graham cracker halves
Chocolate chips were created back in 1937 when the first chocolate chip cookie was born. The proper name for the chocolate chip is a chocolate morsel, but we’ve grown accustomed to referring to this delicious chocolate treat as a chocolate chip. Chocolate chip cookies are versatile, as in you can add so many different ingredients to a chocolate chip cookie based on what you’re craving. This is why I had to share my chocolate chip cookie s’mores recipe with you. It’s a fun way to feel like summertime is here without dealing with the heat of summer or a backyard campfire.
These melt in your mouth cookies are perfect for any family gathering or after dinner treat. So simple to make, the kids can even gather around to help cook these chocolate chip cookie s’mores. With just a few extra ingredients beyond your normal chocolate chip cookie recipe, you’ll transform the basic chocolate chip into a delicious s’mores treat. Your taste buds will thank you for creating such a magical summer treat.
Tips & Tricks to Making Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores
- Use butter that is soft but not melted to maintain proper cookie consistency.
- Use a cookie scoop or ice cream scooper for the perfect sized cookie.
- Underbake the cookies by about one minute, as they’ll continue to “bake” even when out of the oven.
- Cream your sugars and butter with a mixer for 2-3 minutes if you’re looking for a “chewier” cookie texture.
- Use powdered milk to create an extra chewy cookie.
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for 24-36 hours if you want a crunchier cookie.
Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores FAQS
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores:
Why Do my Chocolate Chip Cookies Come Out Flat?
If your chocolate chip cookies have come out flat, then you need to reduce the amount of sugar used or try to reduce the butter by half of what the recipe calls for.
What happens if I add extra eggs to my chocolate chip cookies?
Since eggs are a crucial part in the structure of your cookies, adding an extra egg would make your chocolate chip cookies a bit chewier.
HELPFUL TOOLS TO MAKE Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Quality Baking Sheet
Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores
Looking for the perfect treat to satisfy your s’mores craving without the campfire? Try these Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores, baked in the oven and ready to serve in just minutes.
If you loved this Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores let me know with a 5 star rating!
- 2 C. packed brown sugar
- 1/2 C. butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 C. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Large marshmallows
- Graham cracker halves
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with a non-stick baking mat or parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixture, combine the brown sugar, softened butter, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon full onto the baking sheet at least 2" a part.
- *Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely.
- Turn the broiler on low and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place 8-10 graham cracker halves on the baking sheet and top each one with a large marshmallow.
- Place under the broiler under the marshmallows begin to get melty and brown.
- Remove from the oven and place one chocolate chip gently on top of the marshmallow, pressing down. You want the marshmallows melty so they squish down under the chocolate chip cookie.
- Repeat with all the cookies.
*My oven bakes hot so mine only take 9 minutes. *Makes approximately 2 dozen cookies
IF YOU LIKED THESE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE S’MORES YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY…