I have been trying to find a way to make oven baked chicken legs that are keto friendly. I know many people who are enjoying their keto diet but they desire to have some of their old favorites. Today I am featuring a recipe for oven baked chicken legs and yes, they are keto friendly. You will enjoy the rich flavor of these chicken legs when you bake them for your next family meal.
To make Oven Baked Chicken Legs you will need the following ingredients: fresh chicken legs, skin left on, sour cream, cajun blackening seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder , salt & pepper, pork rinds, freezer bags, baking sheet & a cooling rack that will fit on the baking sheet.
I often buy chicken with the bone in, as it’s a more affordable option. Baking chicken legs rather than cooking them on the stove top or grill takes away from the extra time. When I have the oven baked keto friendly chicken legs in my oven, I can focus on getting other things done. I enjoy getting the dishes done and kitchen counters wiped down while my chicken legs are in the oven baking for a meal to suit a family of five. I love that this is a keto friendly recipe because it allows more of you to enjoy chicken legs without having to adjust the recipe to suit your diet restrictions. This easy to follow oven baked chicken legs recipe is good for your low carb diet without any adjustments.
Helpful Hints to Making Low Carb Baked Chicken Legs
- Focus on the temperature, not whether the juices are run dry. Oven Baked chicken legs should be cooked to an internal temperature of 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use a high sided pan to bake your chicken legs in, this avoids having your chicken legs caramelize in the juices.
- It’s best to use a meat thermometer to check internal temperature fo your oven baked chicken legs.
- Consider lining your baking dish with tinfoil to make clean up easier, your dishwasher will thank you.
- Use the leftover chicken legs sauce from your pan to put over cauliflower or rice, it cooks well to add flavor to your side dish.
- Covered chicken legs will take longer to cook than leaving the recipe uncovered in your oven.
Keto Oven Baked Chicken Leg Quarters FAQS
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Oven Baked Chicken Leg Quarters:
How long to bake chicken legs?
The quarter chicken leg is a thigh-drumstick with a portion of the back attached to it. When wondering how long to bake chicken legs for, I’ve come up with some advice for you. You should place chicken legs bone side down in the baking pan. Chicken legs should be baked in a pre-heated oven set to 375 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a meat thermometer says the chicken legs have reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees.
Other types of crust for chicken legs?
There are many other types of crusts for chicken legs, be forwarned these options may not be keto friendly. If you’re looking for a keto friendly oven baked chicken leg recipe, then you won’t want to deter too far from my recipe shared today. If you aren’t on any dietary restrictions, then here are some other crust options for your chicken legs:
Parmesan Crust for Chicken Legs
1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
Tortilla Crust for Chicken Legs
8 ounces lightly salted corn tortilla chips
4 teaspoons chili powder, divided
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 large egg
Helpful Tools to make Oven Baked Chicken Legs
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Oven Baked Chicken Drumstick Recipe
I truly love having a keto friendly oven baked chicken drumstick recipe. The entire family can indulge this is oven baked deliciousness without deterring from a keto friendly diet. This crisp, fully seasoned drumstick recipe will surely make your taste buds happy.
If you loved this Oven Baked Chicken Drumstick Recipe let me know with a 5 star rating!
I know many people who are enjoying their keto diet but they desire to have some of their old favorites. Today I am featuring a recipe for oven baked chicken legs and yes, they are keto friendly.
- 2 lb fresh chicken legs, skin left on
- 1/2 C. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. cajun blackening seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 3 oz pork rinds, usually the entire bag, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the rack on the baking sheet.
- Combine the sour cream, blackening seasoning, onion and garlic powders and pour into one of the freezer bags.
- Add the chicken legs and shake to cover the chicken legs.
- Pour the pork rinds into the other freezer bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
- Transfer the coated chicken legs to the pork rinds freezer bag and shake to cover the chicken legs in the crushed pork rinds.
- Place the coated chicken legs on the rack on the baking sheet.
- Salt & pepper the chicken legs.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes and serve with veggies or a side salad.
2 large freezer bags large baking sheet cooling rack that will fit on the baking sheet
IF YOU LIKED THIS RECIPE FOR OVEN BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY…