Everyone remembers the classic conversation heart candies from childhood, and now you can make a fun homemade conversation hearts Valentine’s Day recipe with your kids at home! This simple recipe is really just a fun way to dress up your favorite snack (Graham crackers) to look more like that sweet treat from childhood.
This homemade conversation hearts recipe is a great choice that will give you a chance to give your kids a fun unique and custom Valentine’s Day treat that they will love. If you would prefer you can also customize by making your own homemade icing with natural dyes or healthier options like coconut oil or similar.
I love the idea of creating these fun homemade conversation hearts using simple graham crackers and melted candy melts. You can easily put these inside lunch boxes with a personalized message, or drop on their after school snack plates to make sure they know how loved they are. They are even the ideal choice to share a special romantic message with your spouse!
Easy Conversation Hearts Valentine’s Day Recipe
- 1/2 cup of each Yellow, pink, and light green candy melts
- Graham crackers
- Decorating bags
- Flavoring, optional
- Start by melting your 3 separate colors of candy melts in the microwave for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted (add in s couple drops of flavoring if you prefer)
- Scoop your melted candy melts into 3 separate decorating bags
- Break your graham crackers in half
- Cut the tips off your decorating bags
- Now you can start drawing hearts into your graham crackers then filling them in
- Let your chocolate harden for a couple minutes
- Now you can start writing on your hearts using a different color of melted chocolate (use a bag of conversation hearts for ideas)
A few other Valentine’s Day Recipes you might enjoy!