Want to know two of my favorite food items in the whole wide world? Strawberries and chocolate! I had to put them together to create this adorable and festive Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe. This is such an easy and fun recipe that you can make from the comfort of your own home! Get the family involved and let them help you make this fun Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe!
This is a recipe I make mostly around Valentine ’s Day, but it’s perfect for a variety of occasions throughout the year like anniversaries as well. Who doesn’t like to be reminded of how loved they are? I know everyone in my family does. These Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries help to add a little sweetness to any day!
Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe
- Pint of Strawberries
- Milk Chocolate Chips
- White Chocolate Chips, Optional for drizzle
- Marshmallow Crème
- Pull the stem off and slice in half down the middle and use a small knife to cut out the middle of each half (top right-hand corner).
- Stick a toothpick through each half to attach them.
- Be sure your strawberries are pretty dry so that the marshmallow will stick to the berry easier. You can use a paper towel to do this.
- Use a butter knife, small knife or spoon to scoop and spread marshmallow into each half.
- Add chocolate chips to a small bowl and microwave for 30 seconds at a time to melt the chips. You can also add a small amount of oil to your chips if you would like a smoother texture. I added a dab of coconut oil.
- Dollop the chocolate onto the strawberries and marshmallow.
- Carefully use a small knife or spoon to spread the chocolate so that it pours over the sides and into the creases so that the strawberries will be “stuck” together when the chocolate hardens.
- Once the red chocolate hardens, pick up chocolate covered strawberry and shake off excess.
What occasion besides Valentine’s Day could you see this Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries Recipe being used for?
Looking for more Valentines Day Treats?