One of my favorite ways to amp up flavor without a ton of calories is to add a tasty salsa like this spicy Crunchy Cabbage Salsa Recipe to our meals. We’ve proven salsa isn’t just for eating with chips. Salsa is also a great topping for any protein, potatoes, and even salads!
Making this easy spicy cabbage salsa just takes a few minutes of preparation. In fact, if you find the cabbage already shredded in the grocery store it takes even less time to make this yummy side.
A cabbage salsa recipe is perfect for going inside your favorite tacos instead of traditional lettuce and tomato. You can also use this as a side dish for any grilled meats like we do with our Mango Salsa and Pineapple Salsa. If you find this recipe brings too much heat for your tastes, you can easily substitute the juice from the pickled jalapeños with regular vinegar. You can also remove some of the peppers to suit your preferences.
Mix up a batch of this delicious spicy Cabbage Salsa recipe for your next weekend barbecue. Make sure to make it a few hours in advance so the flavors meld together well prior to serving!
Crunchy Cabbage Salsa Recipe
One of my favorite ways to amp up flavor without a ton of calories is to add a tasty salsa like this spicy Crunchy Cabbage Salsa Recipe to our meals.
- 2 heads cabbage, green
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 3 to matoes
- 1 jar mild pickled jalapenos, including the juice
- ¼ cup salt
- 2 Tbsp. garlic salt
- Shred cabbage thinly.
- Sprinkle half the salt on the cabbage in a large bowl. When cabbage starts weeping mix and sprinkle the last half of the salt on the cabbage.
- Slice onion thinly and add to cabbage mixture.
- Chop cilantro and add to mixture.
- Dice tomatoes and add to mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the mixture including about half of the pickled jalapeno juice.
- Toss all together and allow to set in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving.