This Easy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe is the best choice for helping anyone get over a cold, flu, or virus. Not only is it hearty and healthy, it is super easy to make. I love simple and semi-homemade recipes, and this one is a great choice for anyone who likes homemade without hours of slaving over the stove.
To make the Easy Chicken Noodle Recipe, you will need the following ingredients: chicken breast, frozen mixed veggies or carrots, bouillon cubes, water, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and dried pasta like spaghetti or rotini.
How To Make This Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
Saute the chicken and carrots (or mixed veggies) over medium-high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
While the chicken and carrots (or mixed veggies) are cooking, dissolve the 3 bouillon cubes into 1 cup of hot water.
Add the 1 cup of chicken broth you just made with the cubes, 4 cups of water, seasonings, and the pasta to the chicken and carrots, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
Your soup is ready in about 15 minutes! Who has time to wait all day for a homemade soup to simmer when you are sick!
Tips & Tricks to Making An Easy Semi-homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- One great way to make recipes like this even faster is to batch cook chicken and freeze in 2 cup portions.
- Using a rotisserie chicken or frozen grilled chicken from Tyson will have your dinner ready even faster!
- This 15-minute easy chicken noodle soup recipe freezes great! If stored in an airtight container, it will easily last 6 months in the freezer.
- You can also prepare everything but the pasta in this and freeze it in well-labeled containers or bags for use later. All you would have to do is thaw overnight in the refrigerator, toss into a stockpot and add your pasta.
- I label all my freezer meals with a Brother Label Maker. It holds up well to the conditions of the freezer and pulls off easily.
- I also love my Reddi-tainers for freezer meals. They are dishwasher safe, microwave safe, and I don’t feel bad when my kids lose them at school!
Common Questions About Making Chicken Noodle Soup
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about chicken noodle soup:
How do you make easy chicken soup?
Using precooked chicken or a rotisserie chicken and frozen vegetables makes chicken soup come together in a hurry.
Can I make chicken noodle soup with spaghetti?
Certainly! The type of noodle isn’t a big deal; just remember, for a quick dinner, the thinner your noodles, the better.
How do I add flavor to chicken soup?
Chicken bouillon and spices like the Italian seasoning used in this recipe add a punch of flavor with very little work.
5 Ideas To Eat With Chicken Noodle Soup
- Cheddar Beer Bread
- Most Amazing 3 Ingredient Biscuits
- Onion & Bacon Cornbread Recipe
- Homemade Biscuits
- French Bread Dinner Rolls
- Homemade Bread
- Simple Green Salad
Other Warm You Up Soup Recipes To Make
- Slow Cook French Onion Soup with Guinness
- Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
- Macaroni and Cheese Soup
- Easy Broccoli and Cheese Soup
- Tomato Soup with Roasted Red Peppers
Helpful Tools To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Semi-homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
The basic ingredients, seasonings, and rich chicken broth of this easy chicken noodle soup are just what the doctor ordered.
If you loved this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup, let me know with a 5-star rating!
15 Minute Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 16 oz. bag of frozen carrots or mixed veggies, this is a 15minute recipe, they cook faster!
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 5 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Italian Blend seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Pepper, I do not add salt because the bouillon cubes provide that
- About 6oz dried pasta, I usually use rotini or spaghetti noodles
- Saute the chicken and carrots over medium high heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes
- While the chicken and carrots are cooking, dissolve the 3 bouillon cubes into 1 cup of hot water
- Add the 1 cup of chicken broth you just made with the cubes, 4 cups of water, seasonings and the pasta to the chicken and carrots, bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Your soup is ready in about 15 minutes! Who has time to wait all day for a homemade soup to simmer when you are sick!