Have you always wanted to create something out of the box but super delicious? I have just the recipe for you. My recipe will knock any other recipe at your family’s table out of the park. Introducing Salsa & Cheddar Redskin Potatoes. These are perfect for any time of the year. Yes, you do not need a specific time of the year to enjoy them.
Do you want to know my favorite part of them? How they taste! I never dreamed that mixing salsa and cheddar together would make such a savory taste. Go ahead and make these Salsa & Cheddar Redskin Potatoes for your family. This is one side I can guarantee they will love.
Salsa & Cheddar Redskin Potatoes
My recipe will knock any other recipe at your family’s table out of the park. Introducing Salsa & Cheddar Redskin Potatoes,
- 5-6 medium size redskin potatoes, scrubbed
- Salsa, recipe to follow
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4-5 green onions
- 1 medium jalapeno, chopped
- 1/4 fresh cilantro, chopped
- garlic salt taste
- cumin to taste
- Combine all the ingredients for the salsa.
- Add about 1/4 tsp. of garlic salt and 1/2 tsp. of cumin. I like to combine all the ingredients and then taste.
- Cover and place in the fridge to let the flavors combine for a few hours.
- Place the freshly scrubbed redskins in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a rolling boil and let boil for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are forkable.
- While the potatoes are cooking through, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through remove the pot from the stove and drain the water. Let the potatoes cool a few minutes as they are hot.
- Place the cooked potatoes in the baking dish and use a potato masher to gently press each potato down (see photo).
- Add salt & pepper is desired.
- Add salsa to the top of the potatoes and then the cheddar cheese (see photos).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven.
- Serve with salsa, green onions and sour cream.
Do you want to turn these AMAZING Salsa & Cheddar Redskin potatoes into a meal rather than a side dish? Shredded chicken or browned ground beef will turn this into a one and done meal!