This easy Macaroni And Cheese Soup is a perfect choice for any family that loves a classic macaroni and cheese dish. Cheesy, full of pasta and flavor this is a great choice that is also an excellent way to get some vegetables in your kids diets with little fuss!
My kids love this macaroni and cheese soup recipe because it reminds them of their favorite pasta meal. The best part of this, is that you know is homemade and doesn’t have that powdered cheese flavor that boxed choices have. Since mac and cheese soup comes together so easily, it’s a great last minute menu item when you don’t know what to make for dinner. Not to mention you can really clean out the fridge of those dying veggies we all have! I tend to always have some carrots and celery I can toss into the cast iron skillet to saute but the possibilities are really endless.
Some fun additions that you could add:
- Italian sausage
- Ground beef, turkey or chicken
- Chunks of chicken
- Sweet peas
Most of the ingredients needed can already be found in your pantry already so it is a great last minute meal option for busy weeknights. You can even put this into your Crockpot to simmer on low for a few hours while you work. We love how hearty and delicious this soup is when you add more vegetables, and kids will never fuss about it knowing they have their favorite dish in soup form!
Macaroni and Cheese Soup Recipe
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ⅔ cup of chopped carrots
- ⅔ cup of chopped celery
- ⅔ cup of chopped onions
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups of milk
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 8 oz can of creamed corn
- Cook 1 cup of macaroni according to package directions and set aside.
- In a pan on medium heat, saute’ carrots for 2 minutes. Then add celery, onions, and saute’ all ingredients for 5 minutes.
- In a large pot on medium heat, combine heavy cream, milk, and cheese. Constantly stir until cheese melts and add salt and pepper.
- Mix water and corn starch until smooth and add to milk and cheese mixture.
- Cook until mixture thickens and starts to boil.
- Stir constantly while adding sauteed vegetables, creamed corn and cooked macaroni.
- Cook until thoroughly heated and serve hot.
You might also enjoy these other delicious soup recipes!