I am so excited to share this Hot Chocolate Dipped Pretzel recipe. I can tell you that it will become a family favorite in no time.
As the winter gets colder, the kids and I start looking forward to having hot chocolate. Sitting around together, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate, and making memories is one of my favorite things about winter.
These hot chocolate dipped pretzel rods have a fantastic salty-sweet taste that makes them perfect for an afternoon snack.
Because hot chocolate dipped pretzels are easy to make, you might find yourself making them every week. While I have bought chocolate dipped pretzels in the past, once I learned how easy it is to make them at home, I started making them often and have never looked back.
I love that it is easy enough for the kids to help with. They could even make the dipped pretzels themselves.
I love this recipe so much. So many people ask me to bring them for pot lucks. It is perfect to make for a family dessert, get-together, or school party.
Tips for creating Hot Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- I love ordering my supplies online and having them delivered straight to my door.
- Depending on where you live, candy melts can be hard to find. You can order them online: Chocolate candy melts White Candy Melts
- While you can use a bowl for your melted chocolate when you dip the pretzels, I prefer a cup. It makes it an easy process.
- A decorating bag makes drizzling the dipped pretzel rods much easier. I love my Wilton Featherweight bags.
- Having parchment paper on hand for your dipped pretzel rods to harden is helpful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these parchment baking sheets.
How To Make Hot Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Recipe
These hot chocolate dipped pretzel rods have a fantastic salty sweet taste that makes it perfect for an afternoon snack.
- Pretzel Rods
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
- Place your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Pour your melted chocolate into your tall glass.
- Dunk your pretzel rods 3/4 of the way into your melted chocolate, let any excess chocolate drip off and place onto a parchment paper lined plate.
- Transfer your pretzels to the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to harden.
- Place your white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the point of the bag.
- Remove your pretzels from the freezer and drizzle your white chocolate over your chocolate covered pretzels.
- Immediately press your marshmallow bits onto the white chocolate while it is still soft.
- Let that for another 15 minutes or until the white chocolate has hardened and enjoy.