When you think of Valentine’s Day, two things come to mind. Love, of course, and CANDY! What better time to make homemade chocolate candy hearts?
I love making homemade treats to give out on Valentine’s Day. Instead of paying a fortune for a little box of candy, I love to take a little time and create something that I know will taste amazing and show people how much I am thinking about them. That is what Valentine’s Day is, love and caring about someone else.
These simple homemade chocolate candy hearts go great if you want to make a collection of candies to give to someone. I think a box of these chocolate candy hearts, heart shaped candy, and homemade Valentine Conversation Hearts would make anyone feel loved and appreciated.
I love it when I can find what I need for a recipe online, and this is one of those recipes where I can have everything sent right to my front door. I don’t have to go from place to place looking for items. Not to mention, how cute are these little Micro heart sprinkles.
While you can use a plastic baggie to make your own decorating bag in a pinch, I recommend using a reusable decorating bag. It is easier to work with and saves money and time since it is reusable.
These fun homemade chocolate candy hearts are an easy way to get the kids in the kitchen with you while you are making them. The kids can help make them for their class or to give out to friends and family for Valentine’s Day. Of course, they will love getting chocolate and sprinkles on their fingers too.
Homemade Chocolate Candy Hearts
These fun homemade chocolate candy hearts are an easy way to get the kids in the kitchen with you while you are making them. The kids can help make them for their class or to give out to friends and family for Valentine's Day.
- Wilton plastic heart candy mold
- Light pink, white and light Cocoa Wilton candy melts
- Valentine sprinkles
- Decorating bags
- In three separate small microwave safe container’s, melt 1/2 cup of each color candy melt on 50 percent power for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour each into a separate decorating bag.
- Fill your heart molds about 1/4 way with Valentine sprinkles.
- Cut a small piece off the bottom of each plastic decorating bag and start filling each heart up with your melted chocolate.
- Carefully tap the mold onto your countertop several times so the chocolate settles.
- Freeze for about 10 minutes, pop out and enjoy!
I would love to know your thoughts when you make these. Leave me a comment below.