Last Updated on
I love a Creamy Pasta Sauce, it’s the definition of comfort food. It’s best served over al’ dente penne pasta with a side of fresh veggies. When the day is almost over and we are about ready to sit down as a family and have dinner, everyone loves the days I make my homemade Creamy Pasta Sauce.
You know when you go out to eat, you order an amazing pasta and your like “why doesn’t my homemade sauce taste like this?” I’ve said that so many times. Well now that you have my Creamy Pasta Sauce Recipe, you no longer have to wonder. This Creamy Pasta Sauce tastes better than your typical restaurant pasta sauce.
When preparing this delicious sauce, you can use whichever noodles are your favorite but the larger noodles or pasta with holes like penne, bowtie or shells hold the cheese for a delicious helping of cheese with every bite.
Creamy Pasta Sauce Recipe
I love Creamy Pasta Sauce, it's the definition of comfort food. It's best served over al' dente penne noodles with a side of fresh veggies. When the day is almost over and we are about ready to sit down as a family and have dinner, everyone loves the days I make my homemade Creamy Pasta Sauce.
- 16 ounce penne noodles
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tsp minced garlic in oil
- 4 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- 2 cups parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Cook penne noodles according to instructions till al dente,
- In a large pot, add 1 Tablespoons of olive oil, 3 Tablespoons butter and 5 teaspoon minced garlic in olive oil and whisk for 1 minute.
- Mix in your flour and Italian seasonings and whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Stir In your cream, milk and chicken stock and cook for about 8 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken up.
- Mix in your cheese one cup at a time, whisk until the cheese has melted and then mix in your 2nd cup.
- Toss with penne noodles and top with fresh parsley.
How to make Creamy Pasta Sauce with Penne Pasta
- 16 ounces of Penne pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth/stock
- 5 teaspoons minced garlic in oil (not dry season
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, washed
1. In a large pot, add 1 Tablespoons of olive oil, 3 Tablespoons butter and 5 teaspoon minced garlic in olive oil and whisk for 1 minute.
5. Toss with penne noodles and top with fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Other Pasta Recipes You May Love
20-Minute Bow Tie Alfredo Pasta Recipe – I love a great Alfredo Pasta Recipe, and this great 20-Minute Bow Tie Alfredo Pasta Recipe is a new favorite. It comes together in no-time at all, and it is so delicious! You can serve this by itself, or toss some grilled chicken or shrimp in the pasta for a full meal.
4 Ingredient Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake – I love easy dinners and this 4 Ingredient Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake can be found at the top of my easy dinner list. However, easy should never mean that you give up rich flavors and amazing texture. This 4 Ingredient Creamy Chicken Pasta Bake served over your favorite hearty pasta gives you a filling dinner for any night of the week with fantastic flavor.
30 Minute One Pot Pasta Dinner – Sometimes I cook homestyle meals from scratch and other times I rely on good quality ready made foods to help me whip up quick and easy dinners that everyone loves. Working full time from home, 3 kids, and countless activities mean that time is often limited and I need to cut corners without cutting out the quality and flavor of my meals.