Last Updated on
We love sweet breads for breakfast or a treat, and this Caramel Apple Bread Recipe is a perfect choice that everyone loves. From the delicious combination of flavors in then bread, to the luscious caramel topping it is an ideal breakfast bread, tea bread or even decadent dessert with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on the side.
We are huge fans of sweet breads like this Caramel Apple Bread for breakfast. Making loaves of this or our Bananas Foster Bread or Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in double batches to slice and freeze is the perfect way to have on the go breakfasts every day!
The best way to prepare this caramel apple bread recipe is to prepare our ingredients in advance. By measuring everything and having it ready to simply add to the mix when needed, it will make the process go much more smoothly. Then, while you have your apple bread recipe in the oven baking, you can work on the simple but delicious caramel sauce to drizzle over the top.
This apple bread recipe does require a bit of preparation, but it is well worth it to have a bit of caramel drizzle on top. Slicing this up and putting on beautiful saucers with a dollop of fresh whipped cream or vanilla bean ice cream makes it a perfectly sophisticated dessert to share with your friends and family when you have a special coffee date, dinner party or ladies tea.
The combination of brown sugar, simple spices and delicious apples with our own special caramel sauce brings you a decadent sweet apple bread recipe that everyone will love.
Caramel Apple Bread Recipe
From the delicious combination of flavors in then bread, to the luscious caramel topping it is an ideal breakfast bread, tea bread or even decadent dessert with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on the side.
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 3/4 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C packed dark brown sugar
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 C tart green apples, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 C packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep loaf pan with baking spray.
- Add together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and apple pie spice in a bowl.
- Stir in sugar, brown sugar, Greek yogurt,eggs, and vanilla. Stir until well blended.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the chopped apples.
- Spoon the batter into the prepped loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the loaf pan for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a double boiler, add the butter and brown sugar together until it reaches a boil.
- Continue to boil for 1 minutes.
- While still hot drizzle on the butter and brown sugar mixture on top of the bread.