We love a good bowl of ice cream for dessert in my house – straight up, with fudge, crumbled-up cookies, you name it, it’s all good. But sometimes, we want something a little more…decadent and delicious.
After the kids go to bed, the hubby and I can indulge in something sweet for grown-ups. Start with a really good vanilla ice cream, and then work your way up to this Boozy Apple Ice Cream Topping.
Yes, this delicious bowl of awesomeness can be yours in just about 15 minutes. Hot, tender, flavorful apples over a bowl of yummy vanilla ice cream – with a hint of caramel booze.
I had some little sample bottles of Southern Comfort Caramel on hand, but you could do the same thing with any rum, whisky, brandy, or liqueur that you love.
Boozy Apple Ice Cream Topping for 2
Peel, core, and chop apples into small bite-sized pieces.
Place butter, apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently to heat throughout.
Add liquor and continue cooking over medium heat until sauce thickens.
Continue cooking, stirring constantly, for about 20 minutes until apples are softened.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping your ice cream.
You could also serve these over pancakes or waffles for dinner (or breakfast, I’m not judging), eat them on their own, or over cake.
Boozy Apple Ice Cream Topping For 2
- 2 apples
- 1 T. butter
- 2 T. Caramel Southern, or poison of your choice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Peel, core, and chop apples into small bite sized pieces.
- Place butter, apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently to heat throughout.
- Add liquor and continue cooking over medium heat until sauce thickens.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly for about 20 minutes, until apples are softened.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before topping your ice cream.
Pin With Me
Visit Teaspoon Of Goodness’s profile on Pinterest.
If you loved this apple recipe, you might also enjoy these apple recipes.
Apple Cinnamon Whole Wheat Muffins
Apple Cinnamon Crescents with Caramel Sauce