Who wouldn’t love to have a healthy breakfast cookie every morning? Everyone enjoys cookies, but eating them isn’t always the easiest thing on a diet. However, this healthy breakfast cookie totally changes how you view on-the-go breakfasts!
Many people already eat oatmeal for breakfast, so using oats as the base of this healthy breakfast cookie makes perfect sense. Adding in high protein peanut butter and walnuts makes this even better for a breakfast choice, but the sweet Craisins are ideal for adding that burst of flavor that makes it a real cookie.
If your family doesn’t care for craisins, you can easily substitute any dried fruit into this cookie for a pop of flavor and a bit more flavor. Apricots, raisins, golden raisins, and even pineapple or mango are great additions to this healthy breakfast cookie.
Mix up these healthy breakfast cookies to create an easy on-the-go breakfast that is ideal for kids. Creating a bunch of these and separating to freeze is a great way to have prep-ahead breakfasts for school and work mornings. Kids are never going to argue when you offer them a cookie for breakfast, and you’ll never hesitate to giving them this healthy breakfast cookie.
Easy Filling Healthy Breakfast Cookie
- 1 C oats
- ¾ C peanut butter
- ½ C chopped walnuts
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ C Craisins (Pomegranate)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the walnuts, oats, brown sugar, and craisins. Stir to combine.
- Add the peanut butter. Stir with a wooden spoon to mix.
- Using your hands roll the dough into a small ball.
- Press down with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow to sit to cool for about 10 minutes.