As the weather turns warmer, my family likes to reach for cool treats and our scope doesn’t just include popsicles. Often times, we will reach for this easy to make Strawberry Ice recipe. When I say easy, I mean easy, as it’s truly as simple as mixing up a box of Jello. So easy the kids can do all the work!
Let the kids help in the kitchen this summer and keep cool at the same time. The kids will love getting to help and crushing up the ice. With all the flavors of Jello on the market today you can imagine that the possibilities are endless! Instead of ice cream for Corbin’s birthday party this July, I’m thinking we will enjoy cake and strawberry ice. If I time the freezing just right, the kids can crush up their own ice. Cheap entertainment for the kids!
I have to admit that adults will love this Strawberry Ice Recipe just as much as the kids. Let’s just say, I’ve seen my husband enjoying Strawberry Ice in the past and I don’t think that will change anytime soon.
Strawberry Ice Recipe
- 1 Pkg. Strawberry Flavored Gelatin
- 1 Cup Boiling Water
- 1 Cup Seltzer or Club Soda, cold
- 1 Cup Sliced Strawberries
- Whipped Topping
- In a medium bowl combine the Gelatin and boiling water, stir until completely dissolved.
- Add the Seltzer.
- Stir and place the bowl in the freezer until it is firm, 2 ½ - 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and scrape with a fork to break into tiny crystals.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with sliced Strawberries and Whipped topping.
As I said above you are not limited to just strawberry ice. What flavor can you see yourself making this summer?
Looking for more fun summer treats?