Last Updated on
My kids are all about snack time. Even if they just ate. The problem we have, is when they are bored with our normal â€œgo-toâ€ snacks or, those snacks just donâ€™t sound good that day. I canâ€™t blame them for wanting something different once in awhile! I know I do too!
Sâ€™mores Teddy Bears are Fun Snacks for Kids
That is when we decided that it is time to get creative and have some fun with some of our easy snacks for kids ideas. I wanted fun snacks for kids that would disappear fast. These Sâ€™mores Teddy Bears are one of my favorite snacks for kids that keeps them happy (and me) happy. Letâ€™s be honest here, who doesnâ€™t love Sâ€™mores? They are good anytime of day.
I opened up the marshmallow creme and used a spoon to spread a small amount on the back of half of the teddy grahams. You only need a very small amount because you will be putting another teddy graham with chocolate on top and you don’t want that tiny cute bite to get too big.
I used a spoon to spread a small amount of chocolate on the other half of my teddy grahams. Like I said before, a little goes a long way.Â Â I think a small piping bag might make this job easier for next time.
Then carefully place the halves together to make a teddy bear s’mores sandwich.
- 1 box of honey Teddy Grahams
- 1 package of Marshmallow Creme
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Set up a work area with two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Lay out all the teddy grahams with their backs facing up.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for a few seconds until it is warm and stir until it is smooth.
- Use a spoon to spread a small amount of marshmallow cream on the back of half of the teddy grahams. You only need a very small amount because you will be putting another teddy graham with chocolate on top and you don't want that tiny cute bite to get too big.
- Use a spoon to spread a small amount of chocolate on the other half of the teddy grahams. Like I said before, a little goes a long way.
- Then carefully place the halves together to make a teddy bear s'mores sandwich.
- Allow halves to cool before eating.
The recipe is very clear I think, but when your fingers are sticky with marshmallow creme and there is chocolate dripping everywhere – the reality of this recipe starts to set it. Of course, that was half the fun for kids!Â They loved “helping” and sneaking bites wheneverÂ theyÂ could.
The hard part is waiting for them to cool down when you are all done. You really need to let the chocolate set before they are ready to eat.
The unfortunate part about this recipe is that it will take you far longer to make the s’mores teddy bears than it will take you and your family to eat them. They will be gone in 5 seconds flat, guaranteed.