If you’re looking for a roasted asparagus recipe to whip up that everyone will enjoy, then you’ll love this lemon garlic asparagus recipe. Often times it’s hard to find the right recipe to make that includes asparagus that provides the right flavor for everyone to enjoy.
To make this Lemon Garlic Asparagus Recipe you will need the following ingredients: asparagus spears, shredded Parmesan cheese, fresh lemon, garlic cloves, olive oil, salt, black pepper.
There’s no worry about your family enjoying this delicious flavor when you opt to make this roasted asparagus recipe for your family. With my easy to follow instructions and recipe, you’ll be making this lemon garlic asparagus recipe more than once as your family begs for more.
Since asparagus is a very versatile vegetable that can be made in so many different ways, I’m sure you have your own method of making asparagus, but I’m telling you this roast asparagus recipe is well worth the try, at least once.
- Tips to Making Asparagus
- Common Questions About Making Asparagus
- Other Delicious Side Dish Recipes To Make
- Lemon Garlic Asparagus Recipe
Tips to Making Asparagus
- Some people prefer to steam their asparagus, you can easily purchase a steamer to steam your asparagus to make your own roast asparagus recipe.
- You can store freshly cooked asparagus for about 3-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Wrap your roasted asparagus recipe tightly in aluminum foil and place in an airtight container for maximum shelf life.
- Make sure that your asparagus is fully rinsed off and dried before placing it on your baking sheet to make this roasted asparagus recipe.
Common Questions About Making Asparagus
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about preparing asparagus:
Do you have to peel asparagus before cooking?
Whether you opt to peel asparagus before cooking or not depends on how thick the stalks of your asparagus are. Since larger asparagus tend to have a tougher peel, you’ll want to peel thicker asparagus stocks before using in this roasted asparagus recipe to ensure the most tender asparagus possible.
How do you know when asparagus goes bad?
The tips of your asparagus turn dark green when they’re going bad. The best part of your asparagus is the tips, so it’s important that you don’t let them go bad before you’re able to use them in this roasted asparagus recipe. Not only will the tips of your asparagus turn dark green, almost black in color, but they’ll feel like mush in between your fingertips.
How do you cook asparagus at 350 degrees?
If you’re looking to cook asparagus at 350 degrees, then you must snap off and discard the tough ends of asparagus first. Then you can place your asparagus on a lightly greased baking sheet. Drizzle the seasoning and oil you want to top you roasted asparagus recipe with and then place the baking sheet in your 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes or until your asparagus has reached optimal tenderness.
Do you have to wash asparagus before cooking?
Yes. It’s always best to wash asparagus before cooking to remove any dirt or chemicals left on the vegetables from growth and being on the shelf at the grocery store or at the farmers market. Wash asparagus under cool water and allow them to dry fully before cooking.
Other Delicious Side Dish Recipes To Make
- Bacon Wrapped Asparagus Recipe
- Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
- Italian Seasoned Green Beans
- Roasted Veggies with Parmesan
Lemon Garlic Asparagus Recipe
If you’re looking for a simple side dish that’s full of flavor, then you must try this Lemon Garlic Asparagus Recipe.
If you loved this Lemon Garlic Asparagus Recipe let me know with a 5-star rating!
If you're looking for a simple side dish that's full of flavor, then you must try this Lemon Garlic Asparagus Recipe.
- 1lb asparagus spears
- 1⁄2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
• Wash and trim asparagus, set on paper towel to absorb water.
• Add asparagus, olive oil, garlic, parmesan, salt, and pepper to ziploc bag.
• Squeeze lemon on top of ingredients in bag.
• Seal bag, shake or massage ingredients into asparagus.
• Spread out on ungreased baking sheet.
• Bake at 350° until golden, yet still retaining some crispness, approximately 12 minutes.
You will also need a gallon size Ziploc bag.
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.