This Conversation Hearts Hot Chocolate Recipe is a great idea for a fun special Valentine’s Day drink! Kids definitely enjoy a special hot chocolate drink on cold days. Why not spruce up your Valentine’s Day festivities with an extra special recipe that is perfect for the day of love?!
Those packets of hot chocolate can be handy to grab in the store, but nothing beats a homemade hot chocolate recipe like this one. Kick things up a notch for the day of love with a great delicious homemade hot chocolate recipe that kids and adults will both enjoy. I love the simple additions of a bit of food coloring and some classic candies to make an otherwise basic recipe turn into a special holiday treat.
Conversation Hearts Hot Chocolate Recipe
Conversation Hearts Hot Cocoa Recipe
This Conversation Hearts Hot Chocolate Recipe is a great idea for a fun special Valentine's Day drink!
- 1 cup Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop red food coloring
- Whipped cream, to garnish
- Conversation hearts, to garnish
- Sprinkles, to garnish
- In a medium saucepan, add the white chocolate chips, milk, half-and-half and vanilla. Heat under low/medium setting, stirring occasionally until the chocolate chips are melted. (Do not allow to boil).
- Once heated through and the chocolate chips have melted, remove from heat. Add 1 drop of red food coloring to get a light pink tint to the cocoa. Whisk to combine.
- Pour into serving glasses and generously top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the conversation hearts and pastel sprinkles on top of the whipped cream.
Ways To Make Your Hot Chocolate Recipe Special
I love serving this in a clear mug so you can easily see the colors of the white hot chocolate recipe. Adding sprinkles and, of course, the conversation hearts makes this even better!
If your kids like seeing fun additions to their drinks, you can add a simple Valentine’s Day pick or umbrella to the mug. You might even look for things like colored marshmallows to add instead of whipped cream.
No matter how you serve this Conversation Hearts Hot Chocolate Recipe, everyone is sure to enjoy the classic rich flavors. A simple recipe can turn into a decadent treat in no time!
Pin With Me
Visit Teaspoon Of Goodness’s profile on Pinterest.