Originating in Brazil, an Acai bowl is essentially a smoothie bowl traditionally made out of frozen acai berries and other fruit blended together.
Topped with a variety of fresh fruit, granola, seeds, nuts, peanut butter, the acai bowl is incredibly versatile and open to interpretation.
Not only this, but it is also packed full of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, and healthy fats, making it the perfect, exotic breakfast food!
Acai bowls are renowned for their vibrant purple color, creamy texture, and delicious flavor. However, those who have never made an acai bowl might be wondering: what is the best blender for an acai bowl? Relax, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve compiled a list of the five best blenders for acai bowls. We’ve also written a handy buyer’s guide, as well as answered some frequently asked questions that you might have thought of.
Say hello to delicious, creamy acai bowls with your new blender!
Take a look at our top pick below.
Best Blenders For Acai Bowl
1. Ninja Professional Countertop Blender
The Ninja Profesional Countertop Blender is a is a professional, high powered kitchen tool with 1100 watts of power.
72 ounce total crushing pitcher pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies.
This blender’s XL 72 oz. blender pitcher features total crushing blades that blast through ice and frozen fruit in seconds for the perfect acai bowl texture!
- All parts are BPA free and dishwasher safe for your convenience.
- Comes with two 16 ounce Nutri Ninja cups with to go lids that are perfect for creating personalized, nutrient rich drinks to take on the go.
- Provides professional performance power with 3 speeds, pulse, and single-serve functions.
- One customer claimed that this blender was louder than they were anticipating.
- ULTIMATE POWER: 1100-watt motor powers through the toughest ingredients and pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks, smoothies, sauces, and more.
- VERSITILE FUNCTIONS: Professional performance with 3 manual speeds, pulse, and the single serve function for to-go cups.
- XL CAPACITY: 72-oz. Total Crushing Pitcher is perfect for creating creamy frozen drinks and smoothies for the whole family, or entertaining guests. 64 oz. max liquid capacity.
- FOOD PROCESSING: Chop fresh ingredients evenly without any mush. Effortlessly mince, chop, grind, and blend a variety of ingredients for easy meal preparations and recipes.
- ON-THE-GO CONVENIENCE: Blend directly in the 16-oz. single-serve cup, attach the spout lid, and enjoy your creations on the go.
2. Nutri Ninja Personal and Countertop Blender
The Nutri Ninja Personal and Countertop Blender with 1200-Watt Auto-iQ Base is designed to break down whole fruits, vegetables, ice, nuts, and seeds for maximum nutrient & vitamin extraction.
This blender is perfect for acai bowls! Crush ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies.
This blender features intelligent preset blending programs that do the work for you. It couldn’t be more convenient and easy to blend!
- Easy to clean! The cups are entirely dishwasher safe.
- Small, regular, and jumbo multi-serve Nutri Ninja cups with sip & seal lids for nutrient rich super juices on the go.
- Multifunctional! whole fruits, vegetables, and ice!
- One customer noted that they struggled with the suction cup feet on the bottom of this particular blender.
- Auto IQ technology features timed, intelligent blending programs that do the work for you, no guesswork required
- Xl 72 ounce total crushing blender pulverizes ice to snow in seconds for creamy frozen drinks and smoothies, The dishwasher-safe, rustproof Pro Extractor blades blend entire fruits and vegetables, minimizing nutrients that go to waste.
- Nutri Ninja Pro extractor blades break down whole fruits, vegetables, ice and seeds for maximum nutrient & vitamin extraction
- Small, regular, and jumbo multi serve nutri ninja cups with sip & seal lids for nutrient rich super juices on the go
- 1200 watts/2 hp of professional performance power
3. NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender Combo
The NutriBullet ZNBF30500Z Blender Combo 1200 Watt is designed to take your nutrition extraction to the next level!
This NutriBullet boasts three precision speeds, a pulse function, and the extract program offers full control at the press of a button.
The easy-twist extractor blade is made of powerful stainless steel and designed with cyclonic action to make the smoothest of acai bowls!
- This blender is versatile! 1200 watts of power let you make an endless array of smoothies, soups, sauces, nut butters, and much more!
- Hassle-free cleaning, simply rinse the pitcher and cups and place them in the dishwasher.
- The 1-year warranty covers you so you don’t have to worry!
- A few customers claimed that they experienced the cups leaking.
- NutriBullet blender combo will take your nutrition extraction to the next level with the versatility of both a multi-serving pitcher and a single serve cup.
- Three precision speeds, A pulse function and the extract program offer full control at the Press of a button. 1200 watts of power let you make an endless array of smoothies, soups, sauces, nut butters and beyond.
- Includes: (1) 1200W motor base, (1) 64 oz blender with lid and vented lid cap, (1) Tamper, (1) 32 oz cup, (1) 24 oz cup, (2) to-go lids, (1) easy-twist Extractor blade, and recipe book
- The easy-twist Extractor blade is made of powerful stainless steel and designed with cyclonic action. Our super-durable BPA-free pitcher and cups are made of high-performance plastic.
- Hassle-free cleaning - simply place pitcher and cups in the dishwasher and rinse The easy twist Extractor blades with soap and water.
4. Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender
The Vitamix E310 Explorian Blender is made with aircraft-grade stainless steel blades that are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so you get the same quality results every time!
10 variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purées to the heartiest soups.
The Vitamix E310 boasts a radial cooling fan and thermal protection system.
- The blender’s cutting blades measuring 3-inch diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time.
- Easy self-cleaning for your convenience! With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds.
- Every Vitamix blender comes with a tamper designed to help process thick, stubborn blends – so you can make the smoothest acai bowls!
- A few customers claimed that this blender was pricier than the other alternatives that we found.
- Variable Speed Control: Ten variable speeds allow you to refine every texture with culinary precision, from the smoothest purées to the heartiest soups
- Pulse Feature: Layer coarse chops over smooth purées for heartier recipes, such as chunky salsas or thick vegetable soups.
- The 48-ounce container is ideal for blending medium batches for small family meals. Cutting blades measuring 3-inch diameter to ensure a consistent blend every time. Electrical Ratings-120 V
- Hardened Stainless-Steel Blades: Our aircraft-grade stainless steel blades are designed to handle the toughest ingredients, so from the first blend to the last, you get the same quality results. Cord length: 4.5 feet
- Self-Cleaning: With a drop of dish soap and warm water, your Vitamix machine can clean itself in 30 to 60 seconds. What's in the Box: motor base, 48 oz. container, mini-tamper, cookbook
5. Blender 1450w, homgeek Professional Kitchen Countertop Blender Smoothie Maker
No products found.
The homgeek Professional Kitchen Countertop Blender is a powerful 1450w professional blender that can pulverize both soft and hard ingredients in seconds!
This blender boasts variable speed control & pre-programmed settings. You can easily adjust 8-speed control and 4 pre-programmed settings can help to achieve versatile blending features.
The homgeek blender is made from high-quality stainless steel blades, so you don’t have to worry about the blades blunting when you are blending frozen fruit for your acai bowl!
- Easy to clean! The self-cleaning function means that you simply add warm water and 2-3 drops of liquid soap to the pitcher and it’s good as new!
- Multifunctional! 8 variable speed controls allow you to make a variety of recipes.
- The jug and the lid are all made from food-grade BPA-Free Tritan material which is safe to use!
- A few customers claimed that they had to add more liquid to this blender to aid the blades.
No products found.
When purchasing a blender with a view to making acai bowls, there are a few things to consider. However, it mainly comes down to the power and motor speed of the blender and the size and capacity.
To obtain a smooth, thick consistency you don’t want to have to add too much liquid to your blender. As a result, you ideally want a blender with a powerful motor that can blend the tough, frozen ingredients that go into an acai bowl!
If you buy a cheaper blender, you could struggle to achieve the texture you want or even worse, could damage and blunt your blender’s blades! Check out the factors below before going ahead with your purchase.
Power & motor speed
The most important factor that you should consider when purchasing a blender is the power and motor speed.
The motor speed of your blender will largely depend on what type of ingredients you intend to be using in your acai bowl recipes. Whole foods typically require more powerful blenders to ensure a thick, smooth consistency.
If you’re using frozen acai or want to be adding ice to your acai bowl to make it refreshing, you’ll need your blender to have a good motor speed to ensure there aren’t any blocks of ice left that can make the consistency gritty.
Not every blender is designed to break down ice and frozen fruit. The lower the motor speed, the more likely your blender will struggle to blend frozen fruit without the addition of liquid.
The best blenders for acai bowls are high-powered with at least 1,000 watts and multiple speeds for smoother blends. A pulse function is also good to look for, particularly when it comes to blending harder pieces of frozen fruit.
If you’re aiming for a thick, creamy consistency for your acai bowl we recommend that you get the highest power and motor speed blender that you can afford.
Something to consider when you’re looking for a blender for acai is the blades. You ideally want high-quality blades that can stand the test of time.
This is because when you’re making acai bowls, you’re naturally going to be blending lots of frozen fruit, and you want to ensure that your blades are up to the job.
A lot of blenders are constructed with stainless steel blades for durability and maximum sharpness and use cyclonic action to make the smoothest of acai bowls!
It is also worth noting the different types of blade attachments that are available to use with your specific blender, as this can also add to the versatility of the blender.
Over time it is natural for your blades to dull, however, when searching for the right blender you want to make sure that the blades are as sharp as possible to create a smooth, delicious texture for your acai bowl that nobody would be able to resist!
Something to consider when purchasing a blender is whether it comes with intelligent preset blending programs that do the work for you.
You might think that a blender is relatively simple, but a lot of them come with multiple different settings that can be confusing for a beginner.
Some blenders come with pre-programmed settings for different kinds of recipes, such as pulse functions and smoothie settings that simply make your life easier.
Depending on the display of your blender, these settings often come labeled and showcase what your blender is capable of.
This is convenient as you don’t have to think about which setting is strong enough for the recipe that you’re trying to achieve – it just tells you!
This is particularly great if you’re new to using a blender or are in a rush when in the kitchen.
Size & capacity
An important factor to consider is the size and capacity of your blender. Pitchers tend to vary depending on the size of the blender that you would like. Mini blenders can range from 8 ounces and up.
Typically speaking, traditional blenders often have pitchers that range from 10-64 ounces, with larger blenders ranging from anywhere up to 80 ounces.
The size and capacity of the blender that you choose will depend on the number of people you think you’ll be catering for.
If you intend to use it as a personal blender, you probably won’t need as big of a blender as you would if you were making acai bowls for the whole family.
It’s also worth mentioning that you’ll want to have a think about the versatility of a larger blender. Whereas a personal blender might be great for smoothies, they generally don’t go above 900w, so you might struggle to find one that will create the perfect consistency for your acai bowl.
Although larger blenders can be bulkier and can take up more space on your countertop, they pack a punch!
Something important to take into consideration when purchasing a blender is how easy it is to clean and maintain.
Depending on your personal preference and whichever suits your lifestyle better, you’ll want to make sure that your blender is either dishwasher safe or can be disassembled and safe to fully submerge in water.
But remember, a blender is supposed to make your life easier, not harder! So make sure that you pick one that fits in line with your lifestyle.
It is worth mentioning that many blenders have self-cleaning options that are incredibly useful when it comes to the maintenance of your blender.
The majority of these self-cleaning cycles simply require you to add soapy water and set it on a cycle for 30-60 seconds with no need to disassemble!
If in doubt about the cleaning instructions of your blender, you can always check the manufacturer’s website for more information to be safe.
A lot of blenders are an investment, and you might find yourself reaching for it less if the cleanup process is a hassle. Make sure that you are happy with the cleaning instructions before making your purchase.
When making any investment that’s not a daily purchase and is on the pricier side, such as a countertop blender, you should always make sure to check the warranty before you click ‘buy’.
The warranty will cover you should your blender break more quickly than you were hoping or if you’ve been sent a faulty machine!
Repairs or exchanges will be made in the event that the product does not function as originally described or intended, and means that you’re covered if a situation arises whereby you feel dissatisfied with the product and don’t have to worry when making a larger purchase.
When it comes to making expensive purchases, you should always check the manufacturer’s website to make sure that you’re happy with the warranty information
Frequently Asked Questions
Are acai bowls healthy?
The short answer to this question is: yes! Acai bowls can be very healthy as they are essentially a smoothie bowl that delivers healthy fats and fiber, making them a generally healthy choice and can be a perfect breakfast option.
That being said, you should be mindful of adding extra ingredients when making your acai bowl. This is because there are extra sugars found within the additional fruit and fruit purees that you can add to your blender in order to make an acai bowl, which can affect the overall nutritional value of your acai bowl.
Naturally occurring sugars are found in fruit, so be careful when it comes to adding extra fruit juices and purees! The more sugar in your bowl, arguably the less healthy it will be.
Commercially prepared acai bowls can be packed full of sugar to make them taste delicious, and essentially encourage you to buy more. However, this obviously isn’t the healthiest form of acai that you can have.
The best way to manage this is to make your own acai bowl at home, as you can decide exactly what you blend your acai with to make your acai bowl!
Make it as natural or as sweet as you like with a dash of honey, however, if you’re worried about the sugar intake, we recommend that you stay away from fruit juices!
Where can I find acai to buy?
As acai has multiple health benefits, it is available in multiple forms. Fresh acai berries have a short shelf life and generally aren’t available outside of where they are grown.
As an export, they are sold as a frozen fruit purée, dried powder, or pressed juice.
Depending on where you live, there are frozen acai packs that are readily available in multiple stores. However, if you’re struggling to locate it in-store, there are online options too.
Acai powder is arguably the most popular and easily accessible form of acai on the internet. If you’re curious to try acai but can’t find the frozen packs in store, why not give the powder a try?
Is acai a superfood?
Yes, acai is often marketed as a superfood as it has many health benefits. Like many other berries, acai berries contain antioxidants and fiber.
Some proponents call them a superfood, claiming they help various health concerns including arthritis, weight gain, and high cholesterol levels.
It has been suggested that acai can improve brain function. The antioxidants in acai counteract the damaging effects of inflammation and oxidation in brain cells, which can negatively affect memory and learning.
As a result, acai berries are one of many superfoods that are great for incorporating into your diet in a variety of ways.