There is something about Cinco de Mayo that makes me want to pull out some ingredients and whip up a new recipe. Something to add some new flavor and texture to our old standby favorites like tacos. First I grabbed my go-to basics at Walmart- Old El Paso hard and soft shells, taco seasoning, refried beans and sauce. We love the Taco Boats and the Nacho Cheese shells the best! Next, I threw together a couple taco favorites in a new way to create a zesty but cool Avocado Taco Sauce to cap off our Taco bar. But you don’t just have to enjoy tacos and this yummy Avocado Taco Sauce on Cinco de Mayo, its perfect for every Taco Tuesday, Wednesday, or Saturday……
Avocado Taco Sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-2 tsp. chipotle seasoning
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 tsp. lime juice
- milk or heavy cream
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit, scrape out insides.
- Combine sour cream, avocado, and lime juice in blender and pulse. Add just a little milk or cream at a time, using just enough to give your avocado mixture a pourable consistency.
- Use a spoon to stir in your chipotle seasoning to taste, add as much spice as you like.
Cut avocado in half, remove pit, and use one of your little helpers to scoop out all that green goodness. Taco night is a family affair!
Combine sour cream, avocado, and lime juice in blender and pulse. Add just a little milk or cream at a time, using just enough to give your avocado mixture a pourable consistency.
Use a spoon to stir in your chipotle seasoning to taste, add as much spice as you like.
That’s all there is to this delicious Avocado Taco Sauce and now you are ready to put together your taco bar.
I like to use one of these round relish trays I have picked up at dollar stores to offer all our taco fillings, you can include things like…
- shredded cheese
- diced tomatoes
- pico de gallo
- diced onions
- Old El Paso mild, medium or hot taco sauce
- sour cream
- ground beef with taco seasoning
- chicken with taco seasoning
- Ol El Paso refried beans
- chopped avocado
- and of course this yummy avocado taco sauce
Be sure to include spoons for filling, disposable means less work after the taco party!!
Finish off your taco bar with Old El Paso Taco Boats, taco shells, and tortilla shells to give friends and family options to hold their fillings!
Another taco night success with the new recipe!
Go to Walmart and load up on all your Old El Paso favorites and create your own taco bar with family and friends any time!