Blenders are a staple in the homes of people all over the world. From soups to smoothies, from blended iced coffee drinks to frozen Margaritas – there is no limit to the fun you can get from a blender!
Working out that you need a blender is the easy part – the answer is always yes. The hard part is finding a blender that is suitable for you.
Luckily, that’s where we come in. we have decided to put one of the most popular blenders on the market to the test, providing you with an in-depth review of it, along with some pros and cons.
First, let’s learn a little bit more about the company! What we love most about Vitamix is that they have been around for the long haul.
First formed in 1921 by the Barnard family, the company started off when William Grover Barnard started to travel around the States selling modern kitchen appliances.
He did this for a number of years before discovering blenders in 1937. Barnard had seen a blender at a trade show and quickly decided that he wanted to create his own – and so the very first Vitamix was born.
The corporation has remained family-owned ever since and has made a name for itself in the world of blenders.
Table of Contents
The Vitamix 6500 is just one blender of a whole family of Vitamix blenders. The 6500 is particularly popular because of its ability to do it all. By this, we mean that it is a versatile blender, suitable for a whole range of yummy uses such as smoothies, soups, and even frozen desserts.
Great for a beginner in the kitchen or for a seasoned pro, this blender by Vitamix fits seamlessly into your existing kitchen setup. Vitamix blenders are often used in bars and restaurants, and so you can be assured that in buying a Vitamix blender for yourself, you will be getting restaurant and bar quality blended goods.
It comes with pre-programmed features to help you make anything and everything from hot soup to ice cream. Another program on there is for smoothies, meaning you can incorporate your daily fruit and veggies intake into one delicious drink!
As if this wasn’t enough, the four blades are strong enough to make fresh nut butter! That’s right – homemade nut butter made in the Vitamix 6500 without even so much as a second attachment. Simply load the nuts in and blend – perfect butter every time!
The pre-programmed settings are particularly helpful in that they can be activated at just the touch of a button, and you can potter around in the kitchen while it does its thing. It will simply stop when it has finished, allowing you the time to focus on other food preparation or clearing up.
Of course, you don’t have to just use the pre-programmed settings. You can use it manually, too, for a whole range of wonderful uses – your only limit is your imagination, and before you know it, you will be blending everything in sight!
It has variable speed control so that you can stay in charge of textures – want a chunky soup or salsa? You’ve got it! Want a smoothie blended to perfection? Simply up the speed on that blender and get ready for smoothie heaven. You can fine-tune every texture to your specific needs. The size of it is 64 ounces, meaning you can make soups and smoothies for the whole family.
The Vitamix 6500 is sleek in design and fits well into most kitchen setups. It can fit underneath a cupboard or cabinet on most worktops, too, meaning it will not look out of place with the rest of your appliances.
This is a huge upgrade from Vitamix, as historically, their blenders have been so big that they will not fit underneath a cabinet, looking quite out of place in the kitchens of families like you and me. This smaller size means that now everyone can enjoy the Vitamix 6500.
- The motor is 1470 watts
- The plastic container is BPA free
- The container is 64 ounces
- There are 3 pre-programmed options. These are hot soup, smoothie, and frozen desserts
- The blades are made from stainless steel
- The speed control is variable, so you can stay in control
- The Vitamix has a thermal protection system – especially important when considering the hot soups it can make
- There is a radial cooling fan to ensure it doesn’t overheat
- It comes with a tamper stick
- All the parts that you need come with it – no buying any extra accessories just to use it!
- 7-year warranty
What we liked
- It is super easy to set up and use. The instructions that come with it are very clear, and using it is self-explanatory. The pre-programmed settings make this even easier, too.
- Cleaning it is quick and easy. Often the cleaning of a blender can be such a fuss, but not with the Vitamix!
- We love the hot soup setting. Not only does it blend your vegetables to smooth perfection, but it also heats the soup up! Perfect for a quick lunch when you are working from home or having a busy weekend planned.
- The versatility of this blender is a dream. We have made everything from oat milk, to almond butter, to hot soups, to salsa and even baby food! The control that the variable speed gives you means that you can have total control over the smoothness of the meal. Creamy soups and chunky salsa, and then finish the day off with a delicious blended iced milkshake! Wonderful.
- Talking of ice, this blender crushes and blends ice with ease, meaning you can make everything from ice cream desserts to frozen cocktails, and the blender will not have so much as a scratch! This is thanks to the solid stainless steel blades.
What we didn’t like
- Even though Vitamix has taken steps to make this blender as small as possible to fit under your cabinets, it is still a hefty kitchen appliance. It certainly does fit under our cabinets, but it leaves barely a crack of air on top of it. This means we have to pull it out onto the worktop every time we want to use it. Of course, we don’t mind having to do this and think it is more than worth it, but we know that some people are looking for easy access and complete convenience and so may feel annoyed at having to pull it out each time.
- Vitamix blenders are pricey. When considering the quality of the blender, it is easy to see why they are this price. However, something with this big of a price tag is certainly an investment. For this reason, it is probably not going to suit the casual blender who just wants a smoothie at the weekend. This is designed for daily, hardcore use, blending everything from soups, baby foods, and homemade nut butter. You should really consider how much you will use it before treating yourself to this appliance!
The Vitamix 6500 is certainly a fantastic bender that any kitchen would be lucky to have. It is used by restaurants and bars all over the country, and the first time you try it for yourself, you will be able to see why.
This hefty kitchen appliance is a little bigger than most blenders out there and certainly has a price tag to match, but Vitamix has ensured that this blender will fit on most worktops and will sit under your cabinets so that it does not look out of place.
The stainless steel blades are strong enough for anything from ice to nuts, from oats to powdered protein mix, and even whole fruits and vegetables! The design is sleek and looks great in all kitchens. It also has some impressive pre-programmed settings for you to make use of.
If you are a blending pro anyway and already have smoothies, homemade soups, and frozen desserts regularly, then we think it is high time you treated yourself to this top-class blender. It is a wonderful upgrade from some of the other popular blender brands out there and is a favorite among professional chefs and amateurs alike.
As we mentioned earlier in the article, this blender may not be best suited for someone who will only use it once a week. However, if you want to incorporate healthy, nutritious soups and smoothies into your day, as well as the occasional iced drink or milkshake, then you cannot get any better than the Vitamix 6500 blender.
We know that you will not be disappointed with this and will be finding an excuse to blend anything and everything.
So, there you have it. That was our review of the fantastic Vitamix 6500 blender. We hope that this article has proved useful for you, and we bet you just can’t wait to get your hands on one for yourself. Well, you don’t have to wait much longer… grab one for yourself today!