There’s nothing better than a good snickerdoodle cookie that you can enjoy all year round. While I usually think of looking up an easy snickerdoodle recipe during the holiday season, the reality is these cookies make a delicious dessert option all year round.
The maple chips added into my snickerdoodle recipe helps take the old school snickerdoodle recipe to a whole new level. Some people tend to get intimidated by a snickerdoodle recipe as it’s hard to find an easy snickerdoodle recipe. This snickerdoodle recipe with maple chips is one of the easiest ways to make this all-time favorite cook anytime you have a craving for a dessert recipe idea.
To make this Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe with Maple Chips you will need the following ingredients: butter, white sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon, flour, maple baking chips, sugar and ground cinnamon.
How To Make Snickerdoodles Cookies with Maple Chips
Preheat the oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
In a bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
Add in eggs and vanilla and beat for a full 30 seconds. This causes the mixture to be light and fluffy.
In a second bowl, mix baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon and flour. Mix well.
Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture slowly, stirring between each addition.
Stir in your maple chips.
In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon.
Using a cookie scoop get a small amount of dough and roll it into a ball.
Roll into the cinnamon sugar and place on your baking mat.
Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
Allow to cool for 2 minutes before moving to a cooling rack.
Tips to Making Snickerdoodle Cookies With A Fun Maple Twist
- Make a snickerdoodle cookie with maple chips waffle dinner, simply by using a waffle iron with the cookie dough.
- Store these snickerdoodle cookies in the pantry for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 4-5 months.
- Store snickerdoodle cookies in an airtight container or store the dough in the refrigerator to bake up anytime you want a snickerdoodle cookie.
- Feel free to replace cream of tartar AND baking soda listed in the ingredients for JUST 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Add 1/2 a cup of peanut butter to your Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe with Maple Chips for an added flavor burst.
- Use snickerdoodle cookie recipe with maple chips as a cookie crumble to place on top of ice cream.
Common Questions About Making Snickerdoodle Cookies
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe with Maple Chips:
Do I need cream of tartar for snickerdoodles?
Cream of tartar is frequently found in a snickerdoodle recipe as it provides this dessert recipe with its tangy taste and chewy texture. You may replace the cream of tartar and baking soda ingredients in my snickerdoodle recipe with just 2 teaspoons of baking powder if you’re adamant on not using cream of tartar.
What makes a snickerdoodle a snickerdoodle?
A snickerdoodle is a cookie that’s frequently made with butter, sugar, flour and rolled into cinnamon sugar. There are other ingredients that you add to make a snickerdoodle a snickerdoodle, such as cream of tartar to make the cookie chewy and tangy in flavor. Snickerdoodles are basically an advanced option of sugar cookies as they’re often rolled in cinnamon sugar versus just plain sugar.
Other Snickerdoodle Recipes To Make
- Old Fashioned Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Puppy Chow
- Snickerdoodle Banana Bread
- Snickerdoodle Cream Cheese Apple Pie
- Snickerdoodle Cheesecake Bars
- Snickerdoodle Muffins
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Helpful Tools To Make Snickerdoodle Cookies with Maple Chips
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe with Maple Chips
If you’re looking for a delicious snickerdoodle recipe to make, then try these snickerdoodle cookies with maple chips for an added flavorful experience.
If you loved this Snickerdoodle Recipe let me know with a 5 star rating!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, plus 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 ¾ cup flour
- ½ cup - ¾ cup maple baking chips
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together the wet ingredients: butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Stir until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a second bowl, mix baking soda, cream of tartar, salt, cinnamon and flour. Mix well.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet mixture slowly, stirring between each.
- Stir in your maple chips. You can add more or less to your liking.
- In a small bowl, mix ¼ cup sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- Roll a small amount of dough into a ball. Roll into the cinnamon sugar and place on your baking mat.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
For an extra boost of maple-ness, add ½ tsp maple extract!