I love cupcakes and coffee, so these Salted Caramel Latte Cupcakes were sure to be a hit in our house. I wasn’t surprised to see them disappear fast once they were made. The subtle coffee flavors combined with my favorite salted caramel and buttercream frosting are just the right combination to go alongside my after dinner coffee drink.
Homemade latte cupcakes are a bit of work to complete, but the difference in flavor and how moist they are make all the difference. Spending a half hour on this batter is much better than a 5 minute boxed mix once you have a delightful, light and moist cupcake sitting alongside your favorite blend of coffee. In fact, once you make these salted caramel latte cupcakes, you’ll never buy a boxed mix or store made cupcake again.
Salted caramel lattes are so popular these days, as are delicious cupcakes. Making a homemade salted caramel latte cupcake to share with your friends, family or coworkers will make you the most popular person around. Your dreams of becoming a pastry chef can be realized with this simple and delicious homemade cupcake recipe that results in a gorgeous sophisticated coffee infused cupcake everyone will love.
Salted Caramel Latte Cupcakes
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp
2 large eggs, room temp
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup whole milk
1 TBSP Coffee flavoring
Ghirardelli Caramel Squeeze
4 cups of powdered sugar
2 sticks of softened butter
2-3 teaspoons of vanilla
1-2 tablespoons of milk
Ghirardelli Caramel for drizzle on top
Sprinkle Sea salt on top of caramel drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Line a standard 12 cup cupcake pan with liners.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat the sugars and butter using an electric mixer. You want them to be light and fluffy, which should take approximately 3 minutes if the mixer is on medium-high speed.
- Then, add in the eggs, milk and vanilla until combined. Add in the flour mixture.
- Fill the prepared cupcake cups and bake for 20 or so minutes until you can insert a toothpick and it comes out clean
- Ghirardelli Caramel squeeze desired amount into cupcake mix while in the cupcake pan stir with end of spoon lightly
- Add powdered sugar to mixing bowl.
- Add softened sticks of butter
- Add vanilla.
- Add 1 tbsp of milk.
- Beat on low until powdered sugar is incorporated. Then move mixer up to medium-high speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry.
- Add more milk, a little bit at a time until frosting is the proper consistency.
Visit Teaspoon Of Goodness’s profile on Pinterest.