Last Updated on
Dinner in 20 minutes? Yes it’s possible to have a delicious dinner packed with bell peppers and pasta in 20 minutes or less. Like most moms I’m busy in the evenings and I don’t always plan the best. That is one reason why I like this Easy 20 Minute Sausage Cajun Pasta. It has the ingredients that I always have on hand and requires minimal prep work. I can do the chopping, while my son is doing his reading, at the counter in the kitchen. In the time it takes him to do his reading, I can have dinner on the table!
Look at that amazing color in this dish. I am drawn to this dish because of the pop of color in everything, it just makes it so enticing for me and the family. Sometimes I can’t believe it can be cooked so quickly. Not only does this work for an easy and quick dinner, but it fits great into a busy lunch schedule. My husband comes home most days for lunch and it’s nice to not serve him a cold sandwich everyday, he appreciates my efforts too.
Easy 20 Minute Sausage Cajun Pasta
- 12 oz of Rotini Pasta
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper. cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 package Cajun Sausage, 13 oz cut into 1/2 in rounds 1 package of smoked sausage (13oz) cut into 1/2 in rounds
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until pasta is al dente
- While pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pan.
- Add the onion, garlic, peppers, and sausage.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta.
- Pour the pasta into a large serving bowl.
- Stir in the onions, peppers, and sausage.
- Add the tomatoes, Parmesan cheese
- Season with salt and pepper
Can you fit this Sausage Cajun Pasta into your busy schedule? What meals are your go to meals for a busy schedule?