If you know me at all, you know that I love lemon! Lemon is one of my ultimate flavors, and it doesn’t matter if it’s sweetened into a delicious pie or bread or straight-up lemon juice. Today I wanted to share with you my love of lemon in this Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf Cake.
This lemon loaf cake comes out perfectly moist and is topped with a light lemon glaze. Save yourself a few dollars in the morning and make your coffee at home with a side of this decadent dessert bread for breakfast. A great thing about this lemon loaf cake is that it can be frozen unglazed and pulled out of the freezer the night before you need it. Top it with a little bit of glaze before serving time, and you are good to go.
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf Cake
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
3 eggs at room temp.
1 c. sugar
2 T. butter softened
1 t. vanilla
2 t. lemon extract
1/3 c. fresh lemon juice
1/2 c. oil
zest of one lemon
1 c. powdered sugar
2 T. milk
1/2 t. lemon extract
juice of 1/4 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350
- Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon extracts, and lemon juice with a mixer.
- Scrape bottom to make sure all is combined
- Pour Flour mixture into wet mixture and blend until smooth, scraping sides and bottom of bowl
- Add oil and lemon zest to the mix and mix it well
- Pour into prepared loaf pan(s) and bake for 45 min. (9 x 5) or 25 min. (minis.) Insert toothpick to test and make sure it comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let set 3 minutes
- Remove bread from pan and place onto a wire rack
- Make sure and put a cookie sheet under the rack
- Whisk all ingredients to combine
- Pour glaze over bread
- Allow loaf to cool completely on rack
What is your favorite treat at Starbucks? Have you tried the Starbucks Lemon Loaf Cake before? Do you share my love of lemon with me?