Have you watched the Minions movie yet? I know my boys can’t wait to see it, even my husband is on board to see this one. The last 2 have been humorous enough to keep my husband and I entertained and yet still laughable for the kids.
When we enjoy movies as a family it’s nice to have a few treats set aside that make the movie experience even more special. Putting together a bag of this Minions trail mix recipe was fun and will be a hit with the kids. I can assure you that this Minions trail mix recipe won’t only be used for the movie premiere at our house though. It’s perfect for back to school or a quick snack in the car.
The treat bags are easy to make if you are wanting to supply these as a class snack. You can snag treat bags of various sizes online, your local craft store or Walmart has several sizes on hand. Construction paper or colored printer paper cut into squares makes the fold over top and a few Minion stickers and you are in business. Simple craft that the kids can easily participate in.
Minions Trail Mix Recipe
- 4 C oats
- ¾ C dried cranberries
- ¾ C shredded coconut
- ¾ C chopped nuts
- ¾ C honey
- ½ cup of dark chocolate chips
- ¾ C coconut oil
- ½ C yellow M&M's
- ½ C blue M&M's
- ½ C Jumbo Candy Eyes
- Add the oats, cranberries, coconut, and nuts in a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the coconut oil to cool down just a little bit and stir in the honey. Mix well.
- Pour the coconut oil and honey mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Using your hands blend all ingredients together.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or coat with Pam spray.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- Allow to completely cool.
- Using a metal spatula gently lift and break the granola into pieces.
- Put in a lidded container.
- Add mini dark chocolate chips, yellow and blue M&M's and jumbo candy eyes to container and shake to mix.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Which movie containing the Minions has been your favorite so far?