This simple pork & black bean chili recipe is so easy to make and is delicious. This slow cooker pork and black bean chili recipe makes a great freezer meal.
To make Slow Cooker Pork & Black Bean Chili you will need boneless pork sirloin, V-8 juice, water, chickpeas, black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, diced tomatoes, chili powder, medium onion and celery.
Cooking any kind of soup or stew in the slow cooker is always the best way to get all those great flavors working together, and if you are adding meats to them, it makes the meat so tender and yummy. Chili, especially black bean chili, is easily a favorite in our household and I always make it in the slow cooker, because it never fails me.
This black bean chili recipe uses pork and black beans, along with chickpeas, for a different spin on chili, that comes out so tasty. Because it is a gluten-free chili recipe, everyone can enjoy it.
Table of Contents
11 Ways To Enjoy Slow Cooker Pork & Black Bean Chili
- Over a baked potato
- With cornbread & cheese
- As a freezer meal for later
- Over the top of noodles for chili mac
- Chili dogs
- Over the top of nachos
- Chili cheese enchiladas
- Stuffed in pizza crust for a handheld chili pocket
- Chili cheese fries of course
- Frito pie
- Pour chili into a baking dish and top with unbaked cornbread. Bake according to cornbread directions for a chili casserole.
Slow Cooker Pork & Black Bean Chili FAQS
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about Slow Cooker Pork & Black Bean Chili:
Do You Have To Brown The Meat For A Slow Cooker
I know that a lot of people chose to brown the meat before adding it in the slow cooker. I don’t normally do this. While it does add some extra flavor, I don’t want to take the extra steps. I also don’t want to clean extra dishes. When I want to make sure I have the extra depth in flavor, I use an Instant Pot. It can easily add in the extra flavor and is a great addition to any kitchen.
How Long Does It Take To Make Chili In A Slow Cooker
How long it takes to make chili in a slow cooker depends on if you are cooking on high or slow. This easy pork chili recipe with black beans and chickpeas takes 3 to 4 hours on high. Normally, cooked on low, this takes about 6-8 hours.
Gluten-Free Pork & Black Bean Chili In Your Slow Cooker
While this recipe calls for using boneless pork that has already been chopped up, any cut will do. The slow cooker will make even more economical cuts that you dice up tender and delicious. These types of cuts go on sale often. It can be bought on sale, diced up, and frozen for a quick meal idea.
This chili recipe is great to make ahead of time and then stored in the freezer for fast lunch ideas.
This pork and black bean chili recipe is simple to make in the slow cooker. We love to top it with a good cheddar cheese blend, too! MMMM!
Slow Cooker Pork & Black Bean Chili
What I love about making pork and black bean slow cooker chili is that it is a fix and forget it dish. Once everything is chopped up, it all goes in the slow cooker to cook for a few hours. I can put it in the slow cooker first thing in the morning and it is done in time for dinner. I can leave the house and come back to it later, unlike cooking in the oven or the stovetop.
If you enjoy this pork and black bean slow cooker chili as much as my family I hope you’ll rate it 5-stars.
What I love about making slow cooker chili is that it is a fix and forget it dish. Once everything is chopped up, it all goes in the slow cooker to cook for a few hours. I can put it in the slow cooker first thing in the morning and it is done in time for dinner. I can leave the house and come back to it later, unlike cooking in the oven or the stove top.
- I lb. boneless sirloin pork for stews and soups, It will be already chopped up for you
- 12 oz. V-8 vegetable juice
- 16 ounces water
- 1 14 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes – I like to use at least one with either the chili seasoning in it or the zesty blend one, and then one plain
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks of celery , if desired
- Turn the slow cooker on high heat.
- Shake the V-8 well and pour into the slow cooker.
- Fill the can with water and add to the slow cooker.
- Chop your onion and celery and add to the slow cooker.
- Add the diced pork, canned ingredients and seasonings.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Cook on high 2-3 hours.
- Adjust your slow cooker to low for 1-2 more hours.
Your chili is done when the pork has been broken down completely and can be shredded easy with a fork.
If you like your chili spicy add in extra chili seasoning to taste.