Last Updated on
When Coulter was less than a year old I had my first taste of PF Chang’s lettuce wraps and let me tell you I was hooked! I don’t even think I had a bite of my meal that we had ordered because I stuffed myself on the appetizer of lettuce wraps we had ordered.
The fact that I live 200+ miles from a PF Changs which means I had to figure out a way to make these amazing lettuce wraps from home. I think I have succeeded pretty good with these Copy Cat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps. They may not be spot on but close enough for this rural area girl to be in lettuce wrap heaven! Lettuce wraps are good on their own but there is just something about that dipping sauce that PF Changs lettuce wraps come with. It puts this appetizer or dinner over the top!
Copy Cat PF Changs Lettuce Wraps
- Dipping Sauce
- ¼ Sugar
- ¼ Cup Hot Water
- ¼ teas. Ground Mustard
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 4 teas. Rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Ketchup
- ½ Lemon’s juice
- 1 teas. Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- ½ teas. Ginger
- 1 teas. Rice Vinegar
- 1 ½ lbs. Chicken breasts, ¼ inch dice
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- ½ Cup Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz. Sliced Water Chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ teas. Chili Garlic Sauce
- Iceberg Lettuce leaves
- To Prepare Dipping Sauce
- In small sauce pan over medium heat dissolve the sugar in the water.
- Whisk in the Mustard, Soy Sauce, Vinegar, Ketchup, Lemon juice and Sesame oil.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- To Prepare Chicken
- In a small bowl whisk together the Soy Sauce, Brown Sugar, Ginger and Vinegar and set aside.
- In a large heavy skillet or wok over medium high heat add 1 Tbsp. of each Oil.
- Heat until shimmering.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until you don’t see any more pink.
- Remove to a plate or bowl.
- Add the second Tbsp. of Vegetable Oil to the pan and add the Onion, Water Chestnuts, Mushrooms and Chili Garlic Sauce, stir constantly until the Onions start to turn translucent.
- Add in the Chicken, Garlic and the Soy Brown sugar sauce.
- Stir constantly until the sauce reduces and thickens to coat the Chicken and vegetables.
- Serve hot with the lettuce leaves and dipping sauce.
What is your favorite thing to order at PF Changs? Have you ever tried PF Changs lettuce wraps?
Love Copy Cat Recipes?
Try this Wendy’s Copy Cat Chili Recipe as well.