It’s wintertime in Colorado and that means freezing temperatures day after day often. Who can relate? When the boys come inside after enjoying getting some vitamin D in the freezing cold weather it’s become a ritual in our house to enjoy a steaming cup of this easy homemade hot chocolate recipe.
Of course, I love recipes that are simple and straight to the point, which is one reason I love this recipe so much. The only setback is that your family is going to ask you to make this a lot because it’s truly that delicious! Enjoy this Easy Homemade Hot Chocolate recipe from my kitchen to yours.
Easy Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups milk
- In a medium saucepan, mix the sugar, cocoa, water, salt and vanilla. Bring to a boil. Be sure to stir constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Add in the milk and heat until it is hot. Do not boil. Stir often.
- Before removing from heat, using a wire whisk, stir until the hot chocolate is foamy.
- Pour into mugs and add marshmallows.