Football parties, potlucks and BBQ’s all have one thing in common for us and that means that we are asked to bring something. I don’t have any problem with this but sometimes fall short on time. Those are the times that I fall back on this trusty Black and White Bean Salad. I know it’s going to be a hit no matter the venue and it’s rare that I bring home leftovers.
I’ve asked myself often why is this Black and White Bean Salad such a hit? I have decided that it’s usually one of the most unique things on the menu and there is never competition of different bean salads. That’s always helpful!
I also like this salad because it’s very frugal if you stock up on a variety of beans when they are on sale. Cannellini beans can be found in any grocery store, and I make sure my cupboards are well stocked when they go on sale for $.88. That means this recipe is very frugal for a crowd!
Black and White Bean Salad
- 1 Can Cannellini Beans, White Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ Cup Red onion, halved thinly sliced
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 teas. Italian Seasoning
- ½ teas. Garlic Powder
- ½ teas. Salt
- In a Bowl combine all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate at least 20 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
Will this recipe be making an appearance at your next function? What is your go to frugal potluck dish?