Whether you are looking for a delicious appetizer, a snack, or a meal that is tasty filling and offers a very low carb option these Bacon & Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers are a winner!
Warm and flavorful they satisfy better than store bought snacks and are healthier for you. You can also make up a bunch in advance and freeze them to bake later on as needed for meals or snacks. They are gluten free, low carb, and keto friendly so they will accommodate a variety of dietary needs.
Bacon & Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers
- mini sweet peppers
- ½ lb. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 T. bacon pieces
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- Saute chicken in butter until cooked through, I prefer using chicken tender strips for this recipe as it cooks quicker and shreds up easier than large chicken breasts.
- Immediately toss in your stand mixer while hot and process on high until well shredded, even though a stand mixer is the easiest way you can also do it with a hand mixer if needed.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Add cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, mustard, and black pepper and combine on low speed.
- Slice peppers in half, remove seeds and ribbing.
- Fill with a generous scoop of chicken and cheese mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top is brown and bubbling.
- Top with a sprinkle of cheese or bacon before serving to pretty them up a little.
If you’re looking for a low carb keto friendly dinner than these Bacon & Chicken Stuffed Mini Peppers are for you! Bite size morsels filled with a flavorful punch.
You might also enjoy this Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wing Dip.