I am so excited to share this Hot Chocolate Dipped Pretzel recipe. I can tell you that it is going to become a family favorite in no time.
As the winter gets colder, the kids and I start looking forward to having hot chocolate. Sitting around together, enjoying a cup of hot chocolate and making memories is one of my favorite things about winter. These hot chocolate dipped pretzel rods have a fantastic salty sweet taste that makes it perfect for an afternoon snack.
Because hot chocolate dipped pretzels are easy to make, you might find yourself making them on a weekly basis. While I have bought chocolate dipped pretzels in the past, once I learned how easy it is to make them at home, I started making them often and I have never looked back. I love that it is easy enough for the kids to help with. They could even make the dipped pretzels themselves.
I love this recipe so much. So many people ask me to bring them for pot lucks. It is perfect to make for a family dessert, for a get together or for a school party.
Tips to create Hot Chocolate Dipped Pretzels
- I love when I can order my supplies online and have it delivered straight to my door.
- Depending on where you live candy melts can be hard to find. You can order them online: Chocolate candy melts White Candy Melts
- While you can use a bowl for your melted chocolate when you dip the pretzels, I prefer a cup. It makes it an easy process.
- A decorating bag makes drizzling the dipped pretzel rods much easier. I love my Wilton Featherweight bags.
- Having parchment paper on hand for your dipped pretzel rods to harden is helpful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE these parchment baking sheets.
How To Make Hot Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Recipe
These hot chocolate dipped pretzel rods have a fantastic salty sweet taste that makes it perfect for an afternoon snack.
- Pretzel Rods
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Wilton Bright White Candy Melts
- Jet-Puffed Mallow Bits
Place your chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
Pour your melted chocolate into your tall glass.
Dunk your pretzel rods 3/4 of the way into your melted chocolate, let any excess chocolate drip off and place onto a parchment paper lined plate.
Transfer your pretzels to the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to harden.
Place your white candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 3-4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and pour into a decorating bag and cut a tiny tip off the point of the bag.
Remove your pretzels from the freezer and drizzle your white chocolate over your chocolate covered pretzels.
Immediately press your marshmallow bits onto the white chocolate while it is still soft.
Let that for another 15 minutes or until the white chocolate has hardened and enjoy.