I absolutely love an easy fruit salad recipe that is a bit upscale but still bright and refreshing. This Cantaloupe & Blackberry Easy Fruit Salad with an Orange Ginger Lime Dressing is ideal for serving up as a great addition to any meal, but even better for a special dinner party. When people think of fruit salad, they probably aren’t thinking of this bright combination of flavors. I love surprising my friends with this unique upscale easy fruit salad recipe!
If you liked our Watermelon Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette, then we know you’ll adore this easy fruit salad that features classic combinations like cantaloupe and blackberry as a base. Summer means I can easily step outside to a few local areas and pick fresh blackberries right from the bushes. Of course, I always thought they were reserved just for pies or jam, and never realized how delicious they could be by themselves. Their bright flavor compliments the sweet cantaloupe easily.
This easy fruit salad with a bright orange ginger lime dressing is just what you need to go alongside your favorite freshly grilled chicken, or even as a side to some burgers at your weekend barbecue this summer!
Cantaloupe & Blackberry Easy Fruit Salad with an Orange Ginger Lime Dressing
- 1 cantaloupe, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint of blackberries
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Garnish: mint leaf
- In a small bowl, add the honey, lime juice, orange juice and ginger. Stir until well incorporated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cantaloupe and blackberries.
- Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and gently toss to cover all of the pieces.
- Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Before serving, garnish with mint.