Side dishes can often get a little boring in our house when it comes to vegetables. For a long time it’s been corn on the cob, canned corn, or canned green beans because my family is extremely picky when it comes to vegetables. Lately though I just can’t take it anymore! I really am trying hard to expand the boys palates as I think they have gotten away with a lot because their dad doesn’t really like vegetables. We still have a long ways to go but I’ve been able to add a few new vegetable side dishes and these Dill Glazed Carrots are one of them.
This easy to put together recipe for glazed carrots is perfect with the warmer weather coming up. It takes just a few minutes to steam/boil the carrots and the combination of flavors really gets your mouth watering for more. The brown sugar was just the addition I needed to get my kids to eat add another variety of vegetables to our dinners.
Dill Glazed Carrots
- 3 cups Carrots, washed, peeled, and sliced
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon dried Dill Weed
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, place the carrot slices and enough water to cover the carrots. (You can use pre-sliced carrot chips to save time!) Cook on a medium heat until the carrots are tender.
- Drain any remaining water from the carrots. Add in the butter, brown sugar, dill, and salt and pepper.
- Stir all the ingredients until the carrots are coated and the sugar has melted into the butter.
- Serve warm.