We love a great breakfast bake for weekends, and this Blueberry Sausage Pancake Breakfast Bake has everything you dream of in one delicious dish. Serving this up alongside my favorite Copycat Caramel Macchiato Recipe is what I consider the perfect weekend breakfast treat. With a basic pancake recipe that has the addition of your favorite sausage and fresh or frozen blueberries, this is the ideal combination of savory and sweet.
A breakfast bake like this blueberry sausage pancake breakfast bake is something everyone in the family will love. Moms are happy to have a one pan meal that is easy for everyone to serve up on their own for breakfast. Kids will love the pancake and sausage flavor, and the addition of blueberries fits into that need for a healthy antioxidant rich food in your daily routine.
To make this even more friendly for busy moms, you can buy pre-cooked sausage crumbles, or buy sausage in bulk at lower prices and cook in advance. Just add that sausage to a freezer container and portion into serving sizes so you just grab and mix in when ready.
Serve this great Blueberry Sausage Pancake Breakfast Bake to your family this weekend. Having a brunch with family? Make my Stuffed French Toast Roll Ups, this breakfast bake, and a serve up with fresh fruit and some slices of bacon or country ham for a perfect special brunch.
Blueberry Sausage Pancake Breakfast Bake
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 8 ounces bulk sausage
- A medium sized skillet cook sausage until browned and cooked through.
- Add blueberries to a small bowl and coat with 1 tablespoon of flour set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and melted butter.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, mix until combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 pan. Top with the cooked sausage and blueberries.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cut into squares, serve topped with butter and syrup.